New Tameable

Talk about anything that's clean.

New Tameable

Postby AshOfCaine » Tue May 06, 2008 7:31 am

Ahh, i can't wait to get in and see what it takes to tame the new tameable. Since it requires 3 slots, unless it is better than beetle it will probably stay in the stable with my fire steed but at least i will have one. :)

I remember how I got my first swamp dragon, it was during an invasion such as this. It was so much fun being among the first to ride around on a dragon since this was before they spawned natually.

What i am not looking forward to is having to kill the rider, since my tamer can't take it out without a pet. So no matter how I try and do it alone will have to kill with one char/pet then change char or stable pet before i try and tame the horse during which time i have to hope no one comes along and kills/tames first. :( So may need some help to get the little bugger.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Tracy » Tue May 06, 2008 3:51 pm

Oooh...I want one!
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Re: New Tameable

Postby Lord Drakelord » Tue May 06, 2008 5:04 pm

AshOfCaine wrote:Ahh, i can't wait to get in and see what it takes to tame the new tameable. Since it requires 3 slots, unless it is better than beetle it will probably stay in the stable with my fire steed but at least i will have one. :)

I remember how I got my first swamp dragon, it was during an invasion such as this. It was so much fun being among the first to ride around on a dragon since this was before they spawned natually.

What i am not looking forward to is having to kill the rider, since my tamer can't take it out without a pet. So no matter how I try and do it alone will have to kill with one char/pet then change char or stable pet before i try and tame the horse during which time i have to hope no one comes along and kills/tames first. :( So may need some help to get the little bugger.

Try dismounting it also?? I am going to carry a bola or two
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Tue May 06, 2008 5:08 pm

UOForums seems to be messed along with stratics forums, but I did read that someone dismounted and the horse vanished.. Won't know till we see them in person I guess, anyone know when that supposed to be?
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Lord Drakelord » Tue May 06, 2008 5:24 pm

if they keep to the schedule they did on Origin, be in two days before the evil ones appear. Remember they said over the weekend and it was Sunday Night before anything happen.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Endrik » Tue May 06, 2008 6:20 pm

Anybody have a link to a pi or description of what these are?
Endrik
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby AshOfCaine » Tue May 06, 2008 10:48 pm

Not yet, seems like uoforums as well as forums on stratics are down. Only thing i read so far is to say it is more powerful than a nightmare and it will take 3 control slots.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Kiera » Wed May 07, 2008 5:53 am

Details man, details! Color, approximate Stats, any idea what it will be best on in PVM? Do you think most Tamers will want it or will it just languish in the stables like my Mare? Hmm, I remember someone raving about their pink bunnies, and I don't see them parading those around anymore...
Kiera
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby AshOfCaine » Sat May 10, 2008 1:37 pm

As luck has it I got dragged out of town today before seeing event. Anyone seen new tameable or tamed one that can share some info?

Thanks hope to see myself when get back home in 4 or 5 hours.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby AshOfCaine » Sun May 11, 2008 6:56 pm

Thanks to people saying that the dismounting does work, I took my stealth tamer in with some bolas and dismounted the controller. Promptly died, but when I rez'ed found some body had lured the horse all the way out of the gate.. At first thought they were trying to steal the fruits of my labor, but turns out the guy was keeping it peaced for me. I believe it was Elric in KoI guild.

After angering it plenty and one failed attempt because someone attacked it, I tamed it. Which surprised me as i realized later I didn't put on my jewelry and so only had 107 taming.

I went back and dismounted a second controller (died promptly again), and when rez'ed noticed someone else already tamed the 2nd one.

Barding difficulty is 104 on mine, so any good peacer can keep it peaced while tamer grabs it. As everyone is noticing the problem is EVERYONE and their cousin is there trying to tame one, and then there are the jerks that attack/kill it to stop you from taming it, and the few that just don't know it can be tamed and kill it cause it is red.

It is promptly put in the stable and will see how it does in a week (not risking this thing getting killed before it bonds not even to attack a gaman!)
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Sun May 11, 2008 7:10 pm

Anyone want to sell one?

I'll pay top dollar!

Haven't spent any time with the invasion yet, much less with my overly weak tamer...
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Sun May 11, 2008 8:13 pm

Will let you know if I manage to get another one, but without a peacer to go along and help I drop too quickly since my tamer doesn't run with magic resist.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby AshOfCaine » Mon May 12, 2008 4:10 pm

Jr. grabbed a 2nd dread horse if still need one hollar at me. Still need to get with you on the stitcher's recipe if still want to buy that as well..
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Mon May 12, 2008 5:13 pm

Sure do...
As soon as I can get a good copy of KR that will patch correctly (keep having missing files when I download through fileplanet), I'll be on. I gave up on fileplanet and actually found a link to a place on the UO website that I can download the KR client...with no 37 minute wait before I can start the download. We'll see how this one works.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby AshOfCaine » Mon May 12, 2008 5:28 pm

yeah, know how much that sucks getting files downloaded.. want to say I had best luck using the bittorrent distribution..
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Next

Return to General Discussion