Can i get help on how to find this item? i have tried 50 times died 100 lol
thanks
Brew M
brewrite
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Travestys red key

Postby Lord Drakelord » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:18 pm

brewrite wrote:Can i get help on how to find this item? i have tried 50 times died 100 lol
thanks
Brew M

I have no clue how to get any of those keys, I hear a stealther is a must!
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Tracy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:16 am

A stealther is an almost must.

I've done it on my swords pally, but you need a nearly unlimited supply of mana and HIGH resists, so if you have at least 50 base mana, a suit with near all 70s, 40 LMC and 8+ mana regen, you might be able to pull it off. It helps to have multiple forms of healing, so if you also have 4 FC, 6 FCR or somewhere close to that, that helps too.

Basically run through as fast as you can until you get to the stairwell just before the red key room. Heal up.

Run in and through with circle of transparency turned on so you can quickly and easily find the door.

Then jump in the door. Equip a butcher's knife or similar weapon so you can perform disarms on everyone. Disarm the two guys in the room with the staircase (just before you get to the key table) so if you have to retreat to there, you can heal up without taking a lot more hits.

Jump in the red room. The casting still hurts, but at least you can disarm the ninjas so you aren't getting melee'd to death while getting pummeled by spells. Disarm everyone you can. You might have to jump between rooms and heal up repeatedly before you get them all disarmed.

Then throw on a soulseeker and start doing whirlwinds. Heal as needed with bandages. Chiv heal and/or drink pots when you have to get out of a bind. If it looks like you're going down, jump through the door and heal up. Repeat until all of them are dead.

Check the corpses, and wait for respawn. Wash, rinse, repeat.

And yes, I've dex soloed all three travesty keys multiple times on Jr.

My template:

120 swords
120 resist
120 parry
100 anat
100 tac
90 heal
70 chiv
(720 cap)
MAX karma for more hit point recovery with chiv heals
base stats 100 STR/120 DEX/35 INT (255 cap)
with items I have 110 HP, 133 Stamina, 57 mana before pots.

Basically it does take an uber char to pull it off, but with parry and resist, you can handle the dexxers and the mages so long as you disarm everyone. Use as many ways to heal as you can. Macro everything and learn your macros.

That's about it.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby brewrite » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:17 am

Malachai wrote:A stealther is an almost must.

I've done it on my swords pally, but you need a nearly unlimited supply of mana and HIGH resists, so if you have at least 50 base mana, a suit with near all 70s, 40 LMC and 8+ mana regen, you might be able to pull it off. It helps to have multiple forms of healing, so if you also have 4 FC, 6 FCR or somewhere close to that, that helps too.

Basically run through as fast as you can until you get to the stairwell just before the red key room. Heal up.

Run in and through with circle of transparency turned on so you can quickly and easily find the door.

Then jump in the door. Equip a butcher's knife or similar weapon so you can perform disarms on everyone. Disarm the two guys in the room with the staircase (just before you get to the key table) so if you have to retreat to there, you can heal up without taking a lot more hits.

Jump in the red room. The casting still hurts, but at least you can disarm the ninjas so you aren't getting melee'd to death while getting pummeled by spells. Disarm everyone you can. You might have to jump between rooms and heal up repeatedly before you get them all disarmed.

Then throw on a soulseeker and start doing whirlwinds. Heal as needed with bandages. Chiv heal and/or drink pots when you have to get out of a bind. If it looks like you're going down, jump through the door and heal up. Repeat until all of them are dead.

Check the corpses, and wait for respawn. Wash, rinse, repeat.

And yes, I've dex soloed all three travesty keys multiple times on Jr.

My template:

120 swords
120 resist
120 parry
100 anat
100 tac
90 heal
70 chiv
(720 cap)
MAX karma for more hit point recovery with chiv heals
base stats 100 STR/120 DEX/35 INT (255 cap)
with items I have 110 HP, 133 Stamina, 57 mana before pots.

Basically it does take an uber char to pull it off, but with parry and resist, you can handle the dexxers and the mages so long as you disarm everyone. Use as many ways to heal as you can. Macro everything and learn your macros.

That's about it.

So basicly go throw the first 2 areas ie thro the garden door up the stepes run all the way through and go to the wierd safe spot on step.
then run all the way in the back and kill them guys for it. avoiding the right that takes you back to the garden...
ie: the red keys way in the back of that hall...
is the drop wall around there too? not sure how that goes hehe sorry for so much questions..
brewrite
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Ciara » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:38 pm

When you get to the end of the hallway where you jumped in through the door panel, you walk out onto an area with a table facing the entry garden. The table is the drop spot. If you have your three keys and are ready, go to the table, and drop a key on it. It will start the Travesty Peerless with the message , "you have activated this object."

Once you drop all 3 keys, red , blue and yellow on the table, you get three gold keys in your pack. One can be given to each of 3 party leaders if you are taking that many. When ready to go in, the party leader double clicks the gold key and the party gets an invite into the hunt.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Prae » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:00 pm

Another trick you can do to pull the red key room off quick fast and in a hurry. In the stairwell before you come to the red key room get full on health and mana. Honor yourself.....run in and target only the Grandmaster and wail away on him...I have done this several times for getting the red key....best if you have alot of honor so you can honor yourself multiple times if you don't get the key on the first run. Goodluck

-Prae
Prae
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby AshOfCaine » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:36 pm

Prae wrote:Another trick you can do to pull the red key room off quick fast and in a hurry. In the stairwell before you come to the red key room get full on health and mana. Honor yourself.....run in and target only the Grandmaster and wail away on him...I have done this several times for getting the red key....best if you have alot of honor so you can honor yourself multiple times if you don't get the key on the first run. Goodluck

-Prae

Will eat up honor quickly and wouldn't take much for the area to get over loaded with spawn.

I can tell you, i am not a happy camper when i go down there and find someone has left 20 spawn for the next person.

Just beware the room respawns in 10 minutes from last spawn, so if you haven't cleared the room in that 10 minutes will have another load to deal with. Once it spawns 3+ times it takes a lot of effort to regain control.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Tracy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:37 pm

Make sure you get the red key first. The blue and yellow are easy, so they could expire while you're trying to get the reds.

I've went in and gotten lucky with three red keys in a row, and after that it's easy to get 3 yellow and 3 blue, just switch between rooms. ALWAYS DISARM the ninjas, it makes things so much easier.

Blue room can be tough if it's spawned up 3 or 4 times. 16 of those things swinging blades at you can be deadly as well...but if you jump in and out of the room disarming all of them, then they drop easily.

So basically, do red first, then the other two. Running back to the back again to drop keys isn't that big a deal if you don't stop to fight anything, provided you have decent resists.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Prae » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:20 pm

AshOfCaine wrote:Will eat up honor quickly and wouldn't take much for the area to get over loaded with spawn.

I can tell you, i am not a happy camper when i go down there and find someone has left 20 spawn for the next person.

Just beware the room respawns in 10 minutes from last spawn, so if you haven't cleared the room in that 10 minutes will have another load to deal with. Once it spawns 3+ times it takes a lot of effort to regain control.

Yes this does eat up honor quick but its not like honor is that hard to gain and it doesn't take off that much honor to get 1 or 2 passes. Seeing as how it takes 10 mins between each room you can always clean up the spawn. Some people do not clean up the left over spawn and leave it for the next sap to clean up. I never encourage anyone to leave leftover spawn weather it be a key room or a spawn. Just common curtosy. Though not everyone sees it that way. If your character does decent damage you should have enough time to kill the Grandmaster and 1 or 2 of the spellcasters but the trick as stated above is to disarm the ninja's first then kill the spellcasters. Once they are down the ninja's are easy and you barely take any damage. It shouldn't take 10 mins to kill everything in there by yourself. Also killing the extra spawn kills time while you wait for the next Grandmaster to pop up.

Goodluck and happy hunting

-Prae
Prae
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Return to General Discussion