When Dragons go WILD

Talk about anything that's clean.

When Dragons go WILD

Postby Lord Drakelord » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:40 am

Seems you better leave your Dragon pets home during Pub 56 when it hits live.

Draconi_EA
Sarphus
I think a few of you aren't getting my point.

I'm fine with greater dragons being completely ineffective on the content.

I'm NEVER fine with pets going wild as part of a game mechanic. In short, a game mechanic that makes pets go wild is always going to damage the game as a whole. It's bound to catch someone with their pants down and they will be very upset. People who seriously play tamers also really like the pets they have...

I would be completely fine with all spawns in the invasion content having an "eat your pet" ability like proxysmus (that only works on dragons) even... I just don't want to see people's pets going wild.

I should mention here that this is the same system used for encounters with The Six.

This means it is not instant.

Dragons being in the presence of the new, intelligent dragons, gradually decays the loyalty of the tamed dragon.

This is announced to the player at each step with a prominent system message.

Additionally, Crimson dragons do not like what they consider to be "weaklings" and you can imagine that your dragons won't last long against them.

We will take steps to ensure that the playerbase is aware of the Crimson and Platinum dragon's effects on other dragons, but the mechanic is core to what these new dragons really are.

During the fighting the Six, dragons would go wild and become unbonded, best thing was not to fight the Six with any dragon like pets. Will it seems during the invasion of Tram cities you better avoid the Dragon Army with your Dragon pets.

Here the entile thread at Statics

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=107985
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Greater Dragons

Postby Brianna » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:45 am

after much reading and pondering i am at a loss of what i will do with out ima dragon or i am dragon out on the field...o wait...i have 10+ other pets i can take out there and with as many people who posted cryng about their dragon possible going wild and dying...i have only 1 thing to say...pay attention to your pets....lore them on a regular basis while fighting so that you know how they feel and if they dont feel happy with you and that particular monster your fighting switch them out...we have many many other pets that can kick butt we just need to use them and quit being lazy

*slips off the soap box*
*brushes the dirt off*

sorry guys

love bri
Brianna
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Irwin Hunter » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:20 pm

I say if it is part of the event and your dragon goes *poof*, then ooooops you were warned. If you do not want to take the chance that y ou will loose it. Do not use it.
Irwin Hunter
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Return to General Discussion