How to use slime dye

Talk about anything that's clean.

How to use slime dye

Postby Maldar » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:13 pm

Okay, here is the deal. You cannot kill the slimes.....it is impossible. Double click it and then target enhanced item or artifacts in your pack. ONLY works on artifacts and enhanced items in your pack. You do NOT get any dye bottles like Tokuno.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:08 am

ah good to know, thanks, Maldar!

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Maldar » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:49 pm

You're welcome, KD! I chased those critters around for an hour before I figured it out. lol
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby wild flower » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:44 am

I'm wondering if someone could find the list of possible places to find them and then post them here so we can find them to do the quest at least once.
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Maldar » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:12 pm

Hi Wildfire,
It's not really a quest. It's just an opportunity to dye your artifacts and enhanced items colors that are not otherwise available. The colors on the ones that were west of Britain in the farm fields were really dull and nothing fun (dull copper-like colors.) I understand that the colors will get neater each time they spawn. I was all over the world yesterday and found nothing, so I don't know if they spawn every day (they stay in that place for 2 days) and then spawn somewhere else the very next day or if they spawn a couple days or more later.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Hmmmm

Postby Maldar » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:26 pm

Maybe it IS a quest of some kind. I just saw a "Certificate of Capture" that gives you the title "Slime Hunter."
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Slime Quest

Postby Maldar » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:36 pm

Turns out there is a slime quest. Here is the info:

A Certificate of Capture is a quest reward item for completing the Pursuit quest given out by Lyla the Researcher. It first appeared with Publish 57. It grants the character the reward title of "Slime Hunter" when used. However, only characters who have completed the quest can use the certificate.

While the quest is first obtained from Lyla the Researcher, it is Iakas the Zoologist who awards the certificate as a token of his gratitude in return for bringing him three specimen basins that have been filled with slime from Acid Slimes.

The title does not appear in the character's Paperdoll, but rather as reward title when the character is targetted in a similar fashion to a Cooperative Collections reward title. It can also be set to display or be hidden using a Contextual Menu by right-clicking a character.

Lyla can be found near the east docks in Jhelom.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby wild flower » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:37 pm

I got the quest started but can never find the slimes to finish it -- that's why I was wondering about a list of places or maybe a book with runes if people have the time and know where the places are.
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:06 pm

From what I can gather reading Stratics, no one has really seen the slimes since the 19th/20th. There has been some information translated from the Japanese UO site that lists areas to look and also says something about the event was scheduled to run from 12/25 to 1/14. And as has become par for the course, the devs release the patch before a weekend and now looks like they most or all maybe out for the holidays.

This is the supposed locations translated and posted on Stratics:

According to a Japanese UO website, their locations are:

ブリテイン西の畑 - West Brit Farm
ヘッジメイズ - Hedge Maze
ファイアダンジョン - Fire Dungeon
カオス神殿 - Chaos Shrine
エクソダスダンジョン - Exodus Dungeon
ソーサラーズ - Sorcerer's Dungeon
ネクロマンサーアリーナ - Necromancer Arena
ドゥーム - Doom
武士道道場 - Fandancer Dojo
ヨモツ坑道 - Yomotsu Mine

What I don't know is if the slimes will be around entrances to the dungeons or if have to search the entire dungeon (including Doom). Also not sure where Necromancer Arena is supposed to be.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Cryltaur » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:47 am

AshOfCaine wrote:Also not sure where Necromancer Arena is supposed to be.

I wonder if this is supposed to be the Coliseum north-east of Umbra in the Corrupted Forest near the edge of the continent? It can be found at sextant coordinates 43' 30" N 73' 20" E.
Cryltaur
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby wild flower » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:44 am

Thank you for finding the locations. Unfortunately I don't know where a lot of those places are. I will do my best to locate them tho.
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby Maldar » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:30 pm

I've been to most of them and found nothing. Of course I didn't venture deep into the dungeons by myself. Too bad we didn't know the quest when the slimes were right there in the west Brit farms.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Slime location

Postby Maldar » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:31 pm

As of Christmas evening, the slimes are in the southern-most farm fields west of West Brit.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Maldar » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:02 am

I just learned something new. The slimes will change color right where they are instead of waiting to do it when they go to a new location. The one in front of me just said: "The slime changes body color"
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Return to General Discussion