An upcoming use of Item ID

Talk about anything that's clean.

An upcoming use of Item ID

Postby AshOfCaine » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:30 pm

Noticed on the Five on Friday on uo.com that Item Identification is going to be useful when using the imbuing skill to unravel items.

So, anyone like me that is looking forward to new imbuing skill, may want to work on Item ID.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Ciara » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:43 pm

Haha. I had 100 item id a while back. Quite a while back. Now it seems , I want it again! Thanks, Ash.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:08 pm

I had it way back in the day when actually had to ID items found on loot. But then I got to training lock picking and found endless supply of item id wands, so it went away.

Now I got to find room on one of my crafters for Item ID and the new imbuing skill. I may make another crafter as a gargoyle once SA comes out if they don't have option to quest like the elf-human heritage quests.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Atta Kquast » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:09 pm

Same here. It was the first soulstone use I had. Woohoo!
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:02 am

look like poison skill will be move to my pally archer so my handy man can learn ID skill
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Maldar » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:30 pm

Hmmm.....wonder if all these ID wands and staffs I have tucked away will once again have a use. Of course, it figures that I turned in a BUNCH.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby DevilSpawn » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:09 am

Sure, I read the 5 on fridays... even when my account is inactive... maybe I'm obsessed, but I sure appreciate you posting this kind of stuff Ash.
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Maldar » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Man, I thought Cooking was rough to GM but Item ID is a real bear! I'm at 87.8 and bored silly. :shock:
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:25 am

Maldar wrote:Man, I thought Cooking was rough to GM but Item ID is a real bear! I'm at 87.8 and bored silly. :shock:

Lol, I feel your pain. Got bored the other day so put on some movies on the laptop and went to work on Item ID. Probably about 5 hours from 0 to 85 ish.

Laughing all the way that it says my altar is worth 2 gold, but my 9th anniversary box is worth 4k.

I think going to hit the feedback button and suggest they reinstate another old original use for Item ID as well. Back in the old days if you ID items before selling to NPC Vendors it raised the price, so I think it would be cool if GM Item ID got you a discount on buying items and higher price when selling to NPC.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Maldar » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:22 pm

I think when it appraises a box, it takes into consideration the stuff that is in it. I'm up to 93.7 and watching Rescue Me. My macro finger is numb, though.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Atta Kquast » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:46 am

I remember when I gm'd it years ago I used the skill agent trigger in UOA. I think for ID, it targets what you were holding? I remember it telling you how many seconds you had left in cool-down, but I just kept jamming the key down... yay old macros! :) I don't think I have looked at that agent since they took cartography off of it.
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:14 pm

logging in on handy man, current skill from yesterday is 84.4. I hope to get a few more gains today as this is so boring to work
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Ciara » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:11 pm

It was boring the first time. Its even more boring the second time. :)
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Maldar » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:45 pm

Whew! Finally GMed it. I *really* hope they give us no reason to need to GM Forensic Evaluation or Camping....
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Maldar » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:01 pm

Hmmmm......after reading the Imbuing discussion on Stratics, Leurocian pretty much said that Item Identification is useless in Imbuing. It was said to be useful in telling what ingredient a given item will give when unraveled, but we already know that. (1-199 = Magical Residue, 200-399 = Enchanted Essence and 400+ = Relic Fragment.)

Man...what a waste of time GMing Item ID was.

Also, just fyi:

Currently, here are the Imbuing skill requirements to Identify and magically unravel a magic item:

0 Imbuing skill is required for an item that will produce Magical Residue

50.1 Imbuing skill is required for an item that will produce Enchanted Essence

95.1 Imbuing skill is required for an item that will produce a Relic Fragment
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Next

Return to General Discussion