Blank scrolls?

Talk about anything that's clean.

Blank scrolls?

Postby dlwiii » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:10 pm

I am working on inscription, and using up alot of blank scrolls.
Does anyone have a few hundred I could have? I am at about 75 now.
dlwiii
Warrior
Warrior

Postby KDSonoma » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:14 pm

catch me in vent or ingame tonight and I can get u what u need for free.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby dlwiii » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:29 pm

Thank you very much. I should be able to GM Inscription now. If I can't do it with 10k scrolls, I'm doing something wrong!
dlwiii
Warrior
Warrior

Postby MountainDew » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:07 am

If you are training up crafting skills then let an Elder know in advance and maybe they can get you set up at the crafter house with materials to work the skill there. A lot of us farm resources to supply the crafting house with just about everything a person would need to work skills. :)
MountainDew
PAS Guildsman
PAS Guildsman

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:22 am

MountainDew wrote:If you are training up crafting skills then let an Elder know in advance and maybe they can get you set up at the crafter house with materials to work the skill there. A lot of us farm resources to supply the crafting house with just about everything a person would need to work skills. :)

That is correct...as a member of PAS we will help you gm most crafter skills by providing the materials and advise on what to make at which level and provide you a place to work it...

the only rules are that once done working for the day let someone know so we can put leftover resources away as work station are all public, and resources stay at crafters...cannot take home and work from there...also if it is a skill that goes to 120, tailoring or blacksmithy then from 100-120 you are on your own...
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby dlwiii » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:15 pm

Thanks. I have never taken advantage of that. Right now the only 2 crafts I have not maxed out are inscription (80) and cooking (60).

For inscription, I am near the bank in Tram Delucia, at a spot where I can open my bank box and sell excess scrolls to a mage without moving. All my supplies are in the bank box, and this is very convenient.
dlwiii
Warrior
Warrior

Postby dlwiii » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:44 pm

... however, I am at 85 now, and gains are slowing. Plus, I keep running out of mana, and have started making spellbooks instead. This uses no mana or reagents, but uses 10 scrolls per book, which is draining my quickly.

So, KD, anyone, I could definitely use a zillion more scrolls!
dlwiii
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Ciara » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:04 am

You might know this, but you can recall around to mage shops buying up scrolls, and the available vendor scroll count doubles about every 20 minutes. That is how we buy them up for the Crafter House. It takes being dedicated for a few hours to get the spawn up, and you can get 999 at a time. I'm sure that is how KD gets them, and you could get as many as you need in a short time of working the spawn. New Haven has three vendors on the second floor. I would take my beetle and just buy them , recall out , go back, buy, recall, etc.

Good luck finishing inscription.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Queen Mum » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:25 am

Scribers can also make blank scrolls (need 50 inscription) with wood pulp (1 per scroll) ... Wood pulp is used in making scrolls and books. Alchemist and Cooks with 60 skill or more can create wood pulp using one water and one Bark Fragment. Bark Frakments are obtained from any tree with GM Lumberjacking ...

hope that helps :)
Queen Mum
Queen of Cookies
Queen of Cookies

Medals: 1
People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Eleanor Rigby » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:08 am

At the Sonoma Community Library in Luna, there are rune books for resource locations at each town. I copied the one for the Mage shop - that way I can just recall around lots of towns to buy scrolls in the way Ciara suggested. It's really helping with my new inscriptionist.

hope that helps
Eleanor
Eleanor Rigby
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 2
Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:16 am

Im also working inscription, and I set my mana to max out and wear all mana regen 2 armor pieces to help speed the process up.

My cable modem fried yesterday from an electrical storm, but I just got a new one and its working, so I should have some time this weekend to try to farm up the scroll vendors. If I do, or if anyone else does, please pass it along in alliance chat when u get done in case theres anyone on that can start farming and take advantage of the 999 at each vendor.

I have a book filled with scroll vendor locations, and I just recall around and buy them and keep looping around so I dont miss any (as they cut in half if u dont catch them by the next time it checks the vendor .. 20-30 min, they vary).

Ill try to let others know if I am working them up and maybe we can make an event out of it to keep them going and get tons of scrolls for everyone.

But in the meantime Ill catch up with u and get u some more blank scrolls to help u keep the gains going.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby dlwiii » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:29 pm

Aha - thank you all for the advice. As you may have noticed, I tend to get obsessed with things.

So the new challenge for me it to "work up" all the mages and inscriptionists in Moonglow (and elsewhere if needed) to get to that 999 scroll max.

And, like Eleanor, I am now making a runebook just for this task. Then I will just need a pack animal, some gate spells, and some time, and should be rolling in scrolls pretty soon. Then, making spellbooks will be easy, and maybe I'll make some good ones in the process.

Thank you!
dlwiii
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Ciara » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:28 pm

I use a beetle, so then I don't even need a gate scroll--I just jump off the beetle, load it, and recall. I tend to do several towns at one time and all the vendors at each shop to get to my goal quicker.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:31 pm

and if you need a blue beetle, let me know when u see me ingame and I can get you one in about 4-5 min normally. It wont be bonded, but for traveling in towns it will work just fine. Then u can stable it after doing the farming and it will be bonded for the next time u want to work these up.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Eleanor Rigby » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Sounds like a great idea KD, I'll be glad to help out getting scrolls

~Eleanor
Eleanor Rigby
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 2
Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Next

Return to General Discussion