which side in the bane/ophidian war?

Talk about anything that's clean.

which side in the bane/ophidian war?

Postby dlwiii » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:16 pm

Does anyone know which side it would be better to be a hero for? I have not tried it yet, but read some about it, and want to know what others think.
dlwiii
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:46 pm

To be honest I was thinking I would run it on two chars...one for each side and see how it goes...LOL...when I was there the other night everyone I saw was fighting for bane side...don't know if there is a specific reason...lol
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Maldar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:25 pm

It looks like the Ophidians have better rewards for what I want. I'd rather have Fear Essence and Shatter Potions than Blackrock Stew.....unless there is a property to the stew that I haven't heard about yet.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby BadgirlXalan » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:46 am

im running a sampy for killin ophids and a repond spellbook mystic mage for killin banes. the banes war chest so far seems to give one new item other than the occasional stew, the warded demonbone arms, which arent great, like casting focus 2 lrc 16 lmc 6 and bland resists. The ophid side war chest has a Ring with 2 mr 2 fcr 1 fc 4 lmc 10 hci and a resist i thinks. its easier to beat the spawn for banes but the ophid ring seems better than the arms. hard to get the ophids to win most times
BadgirlXalan
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Medal of Ariel Joy (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:37 am

hey this sounds awesome! One year when several PAS came to my house one summer, the UO guys hosted a pizza party at an Austin gaming company, so about 6 of us went down and talked with them for about 2 hrs. Was fun, and one of the things we recommended as ideas was to have 2 different monster groups in a war, where players could help one side or the other. We didnt think about the reward part, that sounds like a good way to encourage people to participate.

But it was fun to talk to those guys directly, and they were taking notes on everything we talked about.

The most interesting thing we learned was that they wanted to make ridable seahorses for players, but the ocean had so many "holes" in it that it would take too long to fix them all just to add the seahorses. they said if they ever redid the oceans for any reasons (big fixes, changed how they work, etc), they had a bunch of folks that wanted to see about adding those ridable seahorses.

THAT sounded interesting. Tamers being able to go out and tame different colored seahorses, red pirates on seahorses attacking folks on boats in fel etc. ROFL.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Return to General Discussion