Treasure Maps

Talk about anything that's clean.

Treasure Maps

Postby Maldar » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:29 pm

Publish 67 Notes

Treasure Maps

We have put HUNTING back into Treasure maps! Treasure Map locations now have randomized locations. All maps that have been decoded before publish will be valid for only 30 days, after that period you will have to decode them again. We have added maps for all facets, redone the loot for the treasure chests, and added Guardian Mobs.
Last edited by Maldar on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:30 pm

Awesome news...Thank you for letting us know Maldar...that is almost enough to make me log back in...LOL...I am hooked on Aion right now...Don't have time to play two games so UO is on back burner for now but I will definitely check out the new maps when/if I log in again...I have about 175-200 level six maps I will need to redecode...

only down side is my set of t-map location runebooks will now be useless...LOL
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Thoth » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:47 am

I played around with this on Test tonight and while the random location makes it a bit tricky, it seems just like the old days before T-map rune sets were so common. I love everything else I've seen about the changes. I'm glad they got rid of all the clutter in the chest by removing the scrolls and regs, and all the gems are in one stack of one type.

The armor/weapon loot didn't seem any better to me, but I only did level 1-4 tonight. Although, I did notice that the armor/weapons were gargoyle stuff from a chest in Ter Mur (and not anywhere else).

Here's a list of what I got off a few chests beside the armor/weapon junk.

Lvl 1: Provocation Scroll of Alacrity, Message in a Bottle, 4 gems, 5k gold.

Lvl 2: Tasty Treat, Lvl 2 Map, 2 Essence of Singularity, 7 gems, 10k gold.

Lvl 2: Stealth Scroll of Alacrity, A Creeping Vine (nice deco), 2 Essence of Singularity, Skeleton Key, 7 gems, 10k gold.

Lvl 3: Tasty Treat, Lvl 3 Map, 3 Essence of Order, 10 gems, 15k gold.

Lvl 4: A Creeping Vine, 4 Essence of Persistence, Skeleton Key, 13 gems, 20k gold.

I might try a Lvl 5 tomorrow, but I've never managed to solo a Lvl 6 before so I won't even try.
Thoth
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) Mile's Voice of Truth (1) One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) PAS Royal Guard (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby dlwiii » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:19 am

Excellent! The loot looks much more interesting, though I was enjoying collecting stacks or reagents for use in Inscription and Alchemy.

Thoth, how do you find the locations? Are there any coordinates given on the map, or do you just eyeball it and dig around? And if you have to dig around, does that mean you need to have mining skill?

This is all very exciting - I like treasure hunting because it gets you to visit places you'd normally never go. And now with all the facets open, it will be even more interesting.
dlwiii
Warrior
Warrior

From UOGuide:

Postby Maldar » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:49 am

Mining skill is not required to dig up a treasure chest. However, the higher a character's Mining skill, the further away from the exact spot they can be when attempting to dig up the chest. With no Mining skill, the digger must be directly on the correct spot where the chest is buried.

(Mining skill was helpful long ago before treasure map rune libraries created by players existed.)
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby dlwiii » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:19 pm

Right, but now that the maps will be randomly located, we do not have the "offcial" location from the Tmap runes anymore. So I am thinking we will have to eyeball the decoded map and then try to dig. Without mining skill, you'll have to be exactly on top of it which is darned-near impossible, from what I found before I discovered how to use the rune libraries.
So unless you can somehow get the *exact* cooridnates of the treasure from the new maps, it looks like you will need to spend some skill points on mining. Hunting is tough enough already with 200 points dedicated to cartography and lockpicking, so the template might get even harder to play.

However, perhaps using soul stones, you could use cartography to decode the map, then stone it off. then you'll only need lockpicking and mining to dig up the chest. Does that make sense? I have not tried that method yet.
dlwiii
Warrior
Warrior

Postby dlwiii » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Maldar, I went into TC1 as well, and successfully did a T-map! It was not too bad. I played with mining skill, and having 100 certainly helps. But another thing that will help is reading those red pins in the map better. I think I can see that the red part is not aligned with the site, but are rather off-centered with a shadow.

I liked the amount of gold - that certainly sweetens the deal. So thus far, the changes don't look too bad. The hardest part was making a good suit to my gargoyle would survive!
dlwiii
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Maldar » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:14 am

I think your idea of swapping Cartography and Mining skills via Soulstone is a good one. This new t-map system will be much more fun and interesting (though I am wondering just what "Guardian Mobs" are. Kinda' sounds like something I don't want to walk up to all alone.)

I could almost cry over all the work that went into making my T-map rune library. I have 2 sets of books. One marked by map coordinates and one marked by pin numbers. Oh well, it will certainly free up some desperately needed lockdowns for me. lol
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Damien

Postby Maldar » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:15 am

Damien, why aren't you playing? I think I remember, but not sure. Didn't you recently change jobs or something?
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Thoth & dlwii

Postby Maldar » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:22 am

Thoth, thanks for posting your loot. I'm glad they disposed of the junk/clutter and added some new things. Treasure hunting needed a makeover badly. I haven't gone treasure hunting in a few years now. In fact, I gave 700 t-maps I had accumulated to the Guild last year. THAT opened up a lot of lockdowns for me that I have since filled back up with junk I just couldn't bring myself to leave in the field. lol

dlwii, I am hoping the maps have coordinates on them like the SOSs do. If not, it will be a challenge. In fact, it might just be more fun having to find the treasure rather than have an X-marks-the-spot t-map in our greedy little hands. I'm glad they reworked it. That was a nice surprise.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby BadgirlXalan » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:19 pm

the new colored detailed tmaps are great, ive found that the location is actually alil to the right of the pinpoint. also ive soloed many many lvl 6 maps on TC so far with a mystic thunter. basically just Carnes the Wise with thuntin skills hehe. i just have a Rising colossus do the work and i stay invised. takes alil time in tram/fel but the ilsh, termur and malas maps are quite simple at lvl 6. the tokuno guardians are ruff, lvl 6 pops Oni hiyrus n ladies of the snow.
About every lvl 6 ive done has had about 5-6 essence and a alacrity, most had a skele key or tasty treat too.

Heres the template im workin on now for the new maps:
100 Cartography
100 lockpicking
100 mining
120 focus
120 mystic
120 med
100 magery
Ill put about 40 skill points on items/jewelry. Also might replace the meditation with something else since i should need much mana regen help. Might go Eval Int instead to add power to my magery. Of course this is another of my lovely Solo templates, for a group thunter id prolly do a bard with masteries.
BadgirlXalan
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Medal of Ariel Joy (1)

Postby Lord Drakelord » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:13 pm

I like the change to the loot, but hate the idea of now having randomized locations, another reason to not play a treasure hunter I assume.

Anyone on the THB stone want to take it over for good? I going to change the name of the tower in Yew. being I'm not going to be a t hunter anymore, and we are going to remove the LP house, maybe evening close that account and bank all items and drop the house there. No reason to keep it anymore, with randomized locations for mining, logging, and now T maps what the hell do we need runes now for.

I see they can't fix the bank things these days, when I sent a message in about the dropped lantern I was told not to send any more messages about that as they would check the bank to insure all was ok, but it sure don't look like they doing that job.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:36 pm

actually theres still a very good reason to leave those tmap runebooks available. Personally, I am going to decode the maps and use the THB lp program to find the closest number to it, then Ill use the tmap rune library to recall there. This is especially important regarding the islands where i am wagering t hunters do not have any runes marked except the now old school tmap spots.

As for the thb lp house, if you are dropping that, I would be glad to take those chests that help people gain LP and put them at the tmap/rune library that I own next to PAS bagball, so people can still use them.

With all the beefed up loot, I think you will see 100 times as many t hunters and players making t hunters to take advantage of the cool stuff.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Lord Drakelord » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Well the t house is my wife's (one of her two accounts) but she has not been playing in ages and I really don't wish to play these days without her, the game has just gone stale for me without my wife in game.

I will talk to her to see what she wants to do and go from there. Right now she is in town picking up some batteries, seems we cannot keep enough of them around here for flashlights etc..
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:27 pm

no problem and no rush, just didnt want to see those chests get thrown out.

And we have the same problem here (batteries). I swear we go through a thousand a year here. My kids lose them faster than I can buy them.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Next

Return to General Discussion