Willing to Wager

Talk about anything that's clean.

Willing to Wager

Postby SICK » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:35 am

Are there any Ohio State Buckeye fans here? If so I would like to make a bet with any of them on the sugar bowl which features the University of Arkansas Razorbacks against the buckeyes.

The loser has to change their guild title to something like GO HOGS or Buckeyes depending on the outcome.

Did this with crunch last year and my beloved Hogs beat his ECU pirates in the liberty bowl. I would also encourage any other rival fans to compete as well its all in good fun.
SICK
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Location: Roaming the darker sides of sonoma and the hills of Arkansas

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:43 am

Boomer Sooner here *smiles*

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby SICK » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:07 am

:roll:

What conference are they in the little big 12?

The Sooners should roll over UCONN!
SICK
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:42 am

hehe we had open invitations from several lesser conferences last year (SEC, Pac 10 and others *smiles*).

We decided to stay and continue to dominate the Big 12 or whatever we call it next year :)

Was nice to give NU a little shove out the door to the Big 11 .. oh wait thats right its Big 10, but they havent been able to count for years now *more smiles*.

We won the Big 12 title 7 of the 12 years that Stoops has coached us. Also played in 4 National Championship games in those 12 yrs too. Not too shabby.

Oh and we own 7 National Championships, the most 10 win seasons in college football history, 32 (Alabama is second with 29), and the most 11 win seasons, 20 (Penn State is second with 15).

And yep I bleed OU red (crimson to be precise).

Arkansas vs Ohio State should be a great game, lots of future pro players on both teams.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby SICK » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:57 am

Yea I don't know how that little sec even stays together lol. Teams from the sec just keep winning that big game every year.

Oklahoma had a chance to join a truly awesome conference but chose to stick with Texa$$. The poor aggies got thier hopes all up about getting out of their big brother's shadow, but they are stuck.

How worried was you about losing stoops with all those florida rumors. Texas looks like its in a free fall.
SICK
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:15 pm

I guess you hadnt heard, Florida signed Muschamp from Texas as their coach yesterday. I told my wife that we need to keep throwing more and more money at Stoops to keep him.

And OU has become head coach U.

Our offensive coordinator just got the head coach job at Indiana, and 2 more of our coaches are front runners for head coaching vacancies now.

Here is a list off the top of my head of assistant coaches at OU under Stoops that went on to be head coaches at other universities (and yes the first two aren't currently coaching hehe):

Leach to TTech
Mangino to Kansas
Mike Stoops to Arizona
Sumlin to Houston
Pelini to Nebraska (most forget we hired him when NU dumped him)
Kevin Wilson to Indiana

not too bad for about a decade of coaching. And yes, Texas is absolutely imploding around here. Rumors about everyone getting fired are thrown around every day, the fair weather fans are living up to their billing, attacking players, coaches, trying to blame everyone for the problems, wanting everyone fired at the whole Football program. Sheesh.

But they figured Mischamp would stay because he was paid triple his worth as the "coach in waiting", and just waiting till Mack Brown retired to take the head coach position.

But I read somewhere that Muschamp was very disillusioned by the fans after this one bad year, and was definitely open to other head coaching jobs.

I'm just glad we still have Stoops, what a classy guy.

KD

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Ike » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:05 pm

I am still trying to figure out who I hate more.... The Ducks or either of the Stoops brothers.
Ike
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby KDSonoma » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:37 pm

rofl :)

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby SICK » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:23 am

Where are all the buckeye fans? I know someone has to be a fan!

KD I don't see how you live in Texas and deal with longhorn fans. Arkansas fans hate the shorthorns from our days in the old southwest conference.

Yea I knew they had hired Muschamp but the rumors around here was they were looking at stoops and he was interested. Apparently Stoops and the Florida AD know each other. There was also a lot of talk of them coming after Bobby Petrino, but he signed a new contract with an 18 million dollar buy out for whichever side ends the contract and a non compete clause for the entire sec.
SICK
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby KDSonoma » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:08 pm

everything I read about Stoops said he never showed any interest. I cant blame him, hell he gets like $4 mill guaranteed plus bonuses, and his coaches make a lot more than other assistant coaches at most schools. Plus the Sooner fans are so diehard, and he outrecruits Texas and others in Texas to get exactly what he wants.

But yeah, I have a Longhorn friend that lives in Norman, and I live in Austin, and we joke about trading houses once we both retire :)

He asked me one year how I explain to my Sooner friends why I live in Austin.

I said "remember the book burning scene from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? Its where Sean Connery turned to Indy and said "Son, we are pilgrims in an unholy land". Thats what I tell my Sooner friends".

he was like OH MY GOD IM GOING TO USE THAT!

I told him it was copyrighted but I dont think he believed me as I havent seen any royalties come in from him yet :)

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Ike » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:55 am

My money goes to the razerbacks..... a bunch of ohio state players are to be suspended for the bowl game including terelle pryor for NCAA violations when they traded Tatoos for autographs.
Ike
Apprentice
Apprentice

Return to General Discussion