THAT'S BCS!

Talk about anything that's clean.

THAT'S BCS!

Postby Davind » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:23 pm

LOL, made you look! For those of you who don't keep up with College Football you prob. thought this was a negative post didn't you?

Who do you think is going to take the BCS National Championship tonight>?

#2 12-0 Oregon Ducks

or

#1 13-0 Auburn Tigers

In any case, it looks like it's going to be a great game; well, on paper anyways.

I am going to have to go with the Ducks....
Davind
Healer
Healer

Postby KDSonoma » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:12 pm

part of me wants Auburn to win so they can later strip them of the title and pay back Oregon's refs for cheating not once, not twice, but three times in the last 30 seconds to beat my Oklahoma Sooners a few years back.

Cause what Cam Newton's dad did was one of the most immoral things I have ever heard of, right up there with Reggie Bush's family and the USC coaches.

So kiss the Heisman goodbye and the National Title if Auburn wins.

But part of me wants Oregon to win because even though they cheated against OU, it was more the Pac 10 refs than Oregon that did the cheating, and I dont want them to end up like OU when Bush had the USC National Championship stripped, but instead of then awarding the Title to the team that lost the BCS game (OU), they decided to let it remain unawarded that year.

Its also funny how they talk about Oregon as having the fastest snaps in college football. For the record, OU was the first team to ever do the fast, no huddle offense, and we went from averaging 75 snaps a age on offense to 95 or so that first year. I couldnt find the stats, but during the OU-Conn game they mentioned that OU was almost 250 snaps ahead of the second team, which wasnt Oregon.

I was hoping OU and UO would have won out and played for the NC, because then people would be able to see who really runs a faster offense. I always laughed when people say things like the OU defense has dropped off a lot since OU went with the fast offense.

If those people ever took the time to look at the stats, the ones that count, they would see that teams that have more snaps, like Oregon and Oklahoma, would automatically see more yards and points scored against them. Duh -- the opponents have the ball on average about 12-15 additional possessions per game.

But like Coach Stoops said when he start the fast offense, he knew that OUs offense on average scored much more often on avg than the opponents scored vs the OU offense. So if both sides get 12-15 more possessions, that increases the chances of OU outscoring the opponent.

When I did the average points per possession the last 4 years for OU, he was proven correct, and in fact each year the OU offense seemed to improve, and the OU defense (on points per possession) decreased.

The people that therefore claimed the OU offense got worse did not understand how much the fast offense changed the game. Add to this the fact that you have to have a deep team and lots of speed and athleticism just to be able to run that kind of offense.

Kudos to Oregon for seeing a good thing and emulating the fast offense.

So after all this, I hope Oregon wins big over Auburn and gets that first title. Unfortunately though, history shows that cheaters like Cam Newton and Reggie Bush end up winning big games like this.

*shrugs*

No matter for me, with shingles I wont be able to watch much tv if any tonight. Can you tell by this post that shingles is ticking me off *smiles*?

Good luck to both teams, I hope no one gets hurt, and I hope the best team wins.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Davind » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:51 pm

I just don't think Cam Newton is that good; granted he just won the National Title and the Heisman (I agree it should and will be taken away).

I really hope he doesn't somehow end up being selected by the 49rs in the draft, he is not the answer we need as our QB.

I was expecting a much higher score on both sides for this game.
Davind
Healer
Healer

Postby Mystique » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:44 pm

GO DUCKS

Posted by an orginal Oregonian--born and bred--he hee

Also the Oregon Portland Trailblazers

migrated to Waszhington State now root for SeaHawks; & Sonics
*Hugs & Smiles*

Yesterday is History; Tomorrow a Mystery; Today a Gift
Mystique
In Memory
In Memory

Postby KDSonoma » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm

I always thought that was odd that the Sonics moved to Oklahoma City because they thought they would get much larger attendance. But apparently it worked as they are averaging a lot more in OKC than they did in the last few Seattle years.

Course having a budding superstar (Durant) on the OKC roster sells a lot of tickets.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Davind » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:34 pm

GO LAKERS!!!!
Davind
Healer
Healer

Return to General Discussion