Poll Time!!!!

Postby xare » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:02 am

:kd

whahahaha
xare
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Centibite » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:25 am

Why do you want to be called a peanut?
Centibite
Warrior
Warrior

Postby kyra » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:58 am

Dara,

We all know that "no" vote is yours!!!
kyra

Postby Brianna » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:44 pm

hahahahahahahahahah

you ask such a silly question when you know what the answer is and kyra you dont have to lie for him we know you voted no also
Brianna
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Valkyrie » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:15 pm

*Refuses to EVER use the "word" ... "goober"*

Makes me either think of a disgusting bodily function or I start hearing the Goobers & Raisinettes jingle running thru my brain...

So my motto is Just Say NO to Goober!!!
Valkyrie
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Karn » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:47 pm

Valkyrie wrote:*Refuses to EVER use the "word" ... "goober"*

Makes me either think of a disgusting bodily function or I start hearing the Goobers & Raisinettes jingle running thru my brain...

So my motto is Just Say NO to Goober!!!

You are now a goober for saying that. Your in-game name by me is goober.

So it is said, so it is done...Goober!
Karn
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1)

Postby Centibite » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:41 pm

Goober can be used in reference to a bodily function?
Centibite
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Sagan » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:34 am

Its been used to associate with a portion of the male anatomy so why not a bodily function. :)
Sagan
Grand Admiral of the People's Navy
Grand Admiral of the People's Navy

Postby kyra » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:26 am

I searched the world over ... and found a few "definitions" of a goober ... in the PAS sense ... of course ........... and remember ..... You are what you read : )

1. basically a goober is just a kindhearted, rather oblivious goofball. it's a term of endearment really. it comes from the ancient scottish verb "to goub", which has to do with doing a dance and smiling sheepishly while doing so, exposing the goubs in one's teeth.

"That John is such a goober," said Jane as John vector-danced* his Junior Prom away.

2. A term of endearment used in place of a person's real name; a nickmame. Used only in the most loving of ways with no negative connation at all. A loving nickname for someone who is pure, innocent, warms your heart and makes you smile.

3. funny looking person, who amuses people, and is a total doofus. obliviously quirky and silly. has never dated anyone, and will probably never because of their naive innocence.

4. a person who could very possibly be well-meaning, but is incredibly awkward to the point of making those around him or her feel uncomfortable and twitchy.

5. a person who, again, may be well-meaning, but has extremely annoying personal habits that annoy the hell out of everyone.

examples of signs of gooberosity:
chews gum extremely loud with mouth open (not obnoxious-on-purpose, but more obnoxious-without-realizi ng-it); always wears pants that are slightly too short or sleeves slightly too small; often uses a rolling backpack; squints a lot; has trouble controlling the volume of his or her voice; interrupts others to tell uninteresting stories but doesn't realize it; often enthuastic about everything; and, the most significant goober sign: Heavy Mouth Breather.

These signs of goobdom are not condemning a person, because goobs can very often be quite entertaining and cool, but have gooby qualities about them.

6. a crazy cool person whos funny as hell and rocks any shindig like no other; a totally cool person bascially (thats a little insane)

Can I be a 2? Which goober are you ?
kyra

Postby Tracy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:30 pm

You forgot one.

7. The bad connotation of the word goober. Usually applied to people like Thrax or Sir Scott, this use of the word is rarely spoken by KD.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:36 pm

I think Thrax actually fits #3 fairly well, we do laugh AT HIM.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Tracy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:02 pm

ROFL
But thrax isn't innocent, and that's the last part of number 3.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Valkyrie » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:52 am

LOL Kyra, "goober" will never be the same.

But I still think of snot, phlegm or worse ....

*Sings off key*

"Goooobers, Raisinettes, Chocolate covered treats! Raisinettes and Goobers! Mighty good to eat!"
Valkyrie
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Return to General Discussion