And so it begins ...

Talk about anything that's clean.

And so it begins ...

Postby Queen Mum » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:04 pm

A Bears fan, a Packers fan and a Jets fan are climbing a mountain and started arguing about who loves his team more.

The Jets fan insists that he is the most loyal. "This is for the Jets!" He yells, and jumps off the side of the mountain.

Not to be outdone, the Packer fan is next to profess his love for his team. He yells, "This is for the Packers!" and pushes the Bear fan off the mountain.

GO PACK GO!
Queen Mum
Queen of Cookies
Queen of Cookies

Medals: 1
People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:11 pm

predictions ... Steelers winning their 7th (if I recall) ring over green Bay in the Super Bowl.

I was a Steelers Fan until the players all went on strike in the early 90's, then they lost me as an NFL fan for life. I watch maybe 45 min of NFL football annually, then I just do other stuff (and I never watch the Super Bowl). Baseball lost me also when their millionaires went on strike in the 90's or whenever that was.

Basketball and Hockey have kept me as a fan, even though Hockey had a strike recently.

I absolutely love to watch college football, and pro hockey and basketball when those pros are in the playoffs. Regular season, not so much. Those 2 pro sports (basketball and hockey) just become unbelievable in the playoffs, several notches above the regular season. Pro baseball and football just didnt take it up much when they got to the playoffs (at least for me).

But I love Aaron Rodgers, mainly because I absolutely hated Brett "the baby" Favre for how he acted so immature at the end of his career. He will always remain a big baby and one of the most selfish players of any sport in my book. Totally worthless individual. My wife asked me how I felt Favre would do before the season started. I said the team would prob win 6 games, he would cry like a baby and get stomped on like crazy, and would retire again and few would even care when he retired. Guess I nailed that one eh?

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Maldar » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:58 pm

Now THAT is funny!! :lol:
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Queen Mum » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:29 pm

WOOOT PACKERS!!!! ON OUR WAY TO SUPER BOWL WE GO!!! :)

CLICK HERE FOR YOUTUBE PACKER FUN WITH THE BEARS

Now for part 2 ... GO STEELERS!!
Queen Mum
Queen of Cookies
Queen of Cookies

Medals: 1
People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby MountainDew » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:16 pm

What I find funny is everyone that thinks the Packers are going to win. I predict Steelers win 34 to 28
MountainDew
PAS Guildsman
PAS Guildsman

Postby Maldar » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:11 pm

I dunno, man...........I'm not really a fan of either team, but Aaron Rogers is playing like a man on a mission.

Cutler's MRI had better show a shredded ACL. I can't believe he didn't, at least, have a clipboard in his hand and help the third-string (just this side of the practice squad) QB at all. Then again, maybe the coaching staff just wanted him to sit there and shut up......Haney (or whatever that masked man's name was) did better than anyone expected.
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:02 pm

that was one of the first times that I watched Conference Championship games (the shingles prevented me from doing much of anything else.

And I must say ... I was impressed with both losing teams, each fought hard and had a chance to win near the end.

I stick by my early prediction, Steelers over Packers in the Super Bowl. Course thats what ... 12 weeks from now? *smiles*

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Davind » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:46 pm

I know Big Ben is well rested after spending the first "5"? games suspended, but I still think GB has this one.

Next year the 49rs will make the Playoffs, and the following year, we will be in the Superbowl..:)
Davind
Healer
Healer

Return to General Discussion