Outrageous Saltpeter Price

Talk about anything that's clean.

Outrageous Saltpeter Price

Postby Maldar » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:25 pm

The powers-that-be have made the cost of Saltpeter so expensive that it isn't worth going after Pirates or Merchants. Firing one cannon shot costs over 9,000 gp and it takes approximately 15 shots to scuttle a ship in order to board it. That is over 135,000 gp to scuttle a ship (not counting your own resources required to repair the damage to your ship and cannons.) The Orc ships are worthless at most any cost. You fare better with the Merchant ships but, with the exception of a possible White Cloth Dye Tub, you would be far better off just buying the hides, boards and ingots from a vendor that you would get from looting the Merchants. They REALLY need to lower the cost of Saltpeter!
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Ciara » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:58 pm

I've heard other folks complaining about the price as well. Hopefully someone will get through to the dev team that those prices are absurd.
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Cerberus A » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:27 pm

They got tired of everyone complaining about only being able to buy it like regs, so they made it a commodity. Now everyone (except a few miners) are complaining about the price. Wish they would find a happy medium. If you mine a "massive" niter deposit you get between 60 and 100 salt peter. Pretty good income for your miner if you want to sell it.

Just my nickles worth.
Cerberus A
Healer
Healer

Postby LoL/Myst » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:28 pm

LoL, i'll bet teh other person Ciara heard complaining was me the other day ... =)

I agree Maldar ... i'm 200k into mats and have yet to fire a shot at a pirate. I've given up for now and am hoping they will patch this and make it an activity that people other than the ultra UO wealthy can enjoy.

Would be nice if it didnt take an hour+ of crafting and that crazy long loading process as well. =)

I actually posted a semi-rant in the UO Forums about this the other day. =)
http://www.uoforums.com/uo-ask-developers/85418-plans-continue-balancing-pirate-hunting-costs.html
LoL/Myst
Healer
Healer

Return to General Discussion