Why did I start PAS and why did I choose that name?

Talk about anything that's clean.

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:21 pm

awesome story Red Beard! I'm glad you were part of making PAS so much fun. And I remember that event, we would drop gold in 100 gold piles around Brit West bank (where everyone hung out at the time). most of us said "Compliments of PAS", or other similar things like Red Beard said.

I still remember talking to a PAS Elder about starting this event. They asked what the purpose was.

What's so nice is all the stories that people have told me over the years about how they ended up joining PAS. I remember 3 of them coming to PAS back when the Brit invasion took place (which by far was my favorite invasion).

What set it apart was the spawning by zones. I believe there were 6 or 7 zones of spawn that had to be defeated, in a specific direction, south to north. Once we beat the last spawn, then the zones stayed clear for 4-6 hours if I recall, then started spawning again. The most difficult one was the first one, as it was inside town, so mages could not use evs etc.

At the early part of that event, lots of people would show up to fight it, but we could never get over that hump of the first zone. We got close, but it took us 2 hrs and it was very frustrating.

Then someone said hey lets use pixie swatters so we do area damage. So the next time, we had 4 or 5 warriors with pixie swatters, and 2 mages were assigned to keep them alive. WHOLLY COW that was fun to watch. Anyways, it took us almost 4 hrs to beat all the spawn areas down and we finally won one.

Over time, most players would not fight the spawn because they really had no chance without our numbers (PAS brought about 20-25 people usually).

So I scheduled a number of these events, and it was awesome when we rolled in with a ton of folks. The other players cheered us and everyone had a blast.

That statue at the bridge southwest of the Brit west bank shows how many times our shard won that event. If I recall, we ended up having more kills that all but maybe Atlantic and 1-2 other shards, and we had the smallest population. And I can honestly say that PAS was present for all but maybe one of those victories. We did not do it alone, but we were the deciding factor.

And what was really nice was that we added 3 new PAS from that event, because they saw PAS healing and ressing them, not caring about the loot drops. And by the time we finished the 3rd or 4th win, those players asked if they could join PAS.

There are literally a hundred great stories about how players ended up in PAS over the years.

I thought we had a thread for this a long time ago on an earlier version of these forums. I'll see if I can find it or find my notes and try to post it here again. It's great reading, and has a lot of old school UO history in them.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Re: ....

Postby Mile » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:21 pm

I remember those times. Jester and I would be running around fighting all enemies in sight (and there was a lot) along with the other PAS folks. Yep it was a great group event.

Mile :P
Mile
Merchant
Merchant

Postby SlimShadyPAS » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:52 pm

Bubbles is doing fine, he is retired and enjoying life =D and I am working for construction lol we miss you KD and you have always been a great influence on my life... these codes that guild goes by are the very same ones that I strive to live by today in everything that I do, we will never forget you and everything you have done for us =)
SlimShadyPAS
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby KDSonoma » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:21 am

very cool! Glad you both are having fun in RL! And I'm glad to hear how PAS influenced you, Slim. That's awesome :)

Do you both still live in DFW area? I may have to drive up and take you both to lunch one weekend so we can catch up.

:)

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Previous

Return to General Discussion