Halloween Event Thoughts

Talk about anything that's clean.

Halloween Event Thoughts

Postby PrinceCaspian » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:13 am

Yep, another Prince Caspian post complaining about Ultima Online!

Surprise! I actually have to pull a 180 here and say how pleased I was with the Halloween Event.

This was a fantastic event. The planning was good, the ideas were fresh, and the best thing about this year was, it was totally scalable. There was something available for any character.

I didn't get a scythe. And yes, tamers got an unbalanced edge. But you know what? So what? It was still fun to slug it out with Death Incarnate. Now if this was the only event, I would be unhappy -- because not everbody has an uberpowerful combat character.

But they DID offer alternatives. Pumpkin farming and trick or treating was such a refreshing change. Why? Because here was an event that did NOT require combat nor did it require competing with other characters. The candy alone would have just been rares farming, but with the 9th anniversary items, it keep an element of excitement to keep it from being boring.

And most of all, OSI would refuse to celebrate any kind of event after 1998, even though we all said we really wanted holiday events like these. When people are on stratics complaining how tamers got too much of an edge in this event and how they were robbed of scythes and statues, I just keep thinking that last year we got NOTHING. The fact that this year, not only was there an event, but there was three different ways to go. Nobody got left out.

Bravo, EA. I'm really liking this new team. They are making this game exciting again.
PrinceCaspian
PAS Templar
PAS Templar

Return to General Discussion