The time has come...

Talk about anything that's clean.

The time has come...

Postby Rex » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:45 am

Dear Friends,

The time has come for me to say goodbye to the world of Ultima Online. I have back in game since June and have built many great characters, aquired many "cool" or "leet" items and have been a part of the single GREATEST guild in the entire world of Ultima Online.

I want to take a few moments to thank people who made my transition back here worth it and a lot of fun for the time being.

1st Queen Mum, Mum I met you on uoforums.com before I came back to the game and you convinced me to come back to UO and to give Sonoma a try. I did and you put me in contact with King David and PAS and here I have been since, you are awesome. I will miss you greatly.

2nd King David, KD the day I met you, you put me on the PAR stone -- gave me 60k and a 100% LRC suit, up until that point I had been running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to collect reagents off the ground, LOL. The kindess you displayed will never be forgotten, I am forever in your debt.

3rd Magisbane Jr, being an old school PVPer I came back and was constantly getting killed, you explained everything to me about weapons, templates, items, etc. Now I can kill pretty much anyone who will go toe to toe with me, with the exception of a few (you know who you are, jerks always kill me :P). Thanks for everything man, you rock.

All of PAS has left their mark on me. I just chose to cite those 3 specifically as they impacted my time here on Sonoma the most.

I am sure everyone is wondering why I am quitting as I was always very involved with guild events and such since I joined. I don't have any reason to play anymore aside from PAS events. My drive to log on and play is gone, I don't know where it went but I used this week as a test. I told myself if I did not log in at all this week then I'd be done for good. Well I did not have any desire to play at all, so here I go.

It is with a heavy heart than I bid you farewell my dear friends, I will remove myself from the PAS stones later this week, thank you for being there for me and being THE GREATEST guild on Sonoma and in Ultima Online.

Your friend always,
Darrell
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Sir William » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:56 am

Rex????wtf you are leaving???? you just got here :(

But all in all ya gotta do what ya gotta do. You will be missed

hmmm....speaking of which......whatcha doing with that orny? :shock:
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:04 am

Hey man, gonna miss you a lot. I'm not really good at goodbyes, so stop in from time to time and see us. If that desire to log in returns, we'll still be here.

And keep your good stuff on your characters or in their bank boxes (if you don't give it away) so that if you ever decide to come back, you have a starting point.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Karn » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:37 am

Cya Rex, been fun! Good luck doing the right thing in RL, and maybe we'll cya back.
Karn
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1)

Postby kyra » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:01 pm

*cries*

Rex .... sighs ... I'll miss ya.
kyra

Postby KDSonoma » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:14 pm

sorry to see ya go Rex .... safe journeys to you in RL ... and I hope we see u back with us again someday. Thanks for being part of PAS and helping make us what we are.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Brianna » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:50 pm

this is upsetting to say the least....seems like everytime i meet someone ingame they lose their desire to continue playing......makes me almost want to quit meeting new people
Brianna
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Rex » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:59 pm

I can't do it. I cannot just up and quit and sell all my stuff. Maybe I will just take a little break and just not play everyday or somethin.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Rex
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Brianna » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:59 pm

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Brianna
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Addition

Postby Irwin Hunter » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:02 pm

Rex is truely addictted.. Just like all of us other veterans. :twisted:
Best I have been able to do is eliminate down to one account. Instead of two or three (back up to two again) Which I will proably be eliminating come its expiration.
Irwin Hunter
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Re: Addition

Postby Rex » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:03 pm

Irwin Hunter wrote:Rex is truely addictted.. Just like all of us other veterans. :twisted:
Best I have been able to do is eliminate down to one account. Instead of two or three (back up to two again) Which I will proably be eliminating come its expiration.

I'm going to drop an account, that will put me at two.
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Queen Mum » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:33 pm

Ok here goes ... (never have posted such a comment)

to quote your own self ... "I can't do it. I cannot just up and quit and sell all my stuff. Maybe I will just take a little break and just not play everyday or somethin. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. Rex"

My Dear Rex, we all have those times where we are bored, tired, or frustrated with the game and that is because ... it is a game. BUT unlike real life, UO provides us the opportunity to grow, do, and see adventures that life just doesn't afford us in a moment of time.

In my 'down' times I will go and do something very different, like help someone decorate their home, wander around the different towns to refocus on things I like about it, or just drop cookies all around the banks ... because I have come to realize - it is just a down time.

There was a time I thought about leaving UO because of certain situations in game, but thankfully folks like King Daved, in game friends who are now real life friends, and the very special members of PAS, helped me see through the smoke so I was able to forge ahead in UO.

If you need a 'sabbatical' then take a 'sabbatical' but I would suggest that you log in at least once a month to check your home (like you would on a vacation) and before ya know it .. you will be involved again.

I truly think that UO is heading in the right direction with the things that they are doing and it would be a shame to give up now . Not only that but ... WE (I) would miss your friendly hellos, gracious helping hand, and your smiling face that warms our heart.

UO .. Its more than a game .. It's a way of life!

Cookie Hugs to you my friend.
*A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away*
Queen Mum
Queen of Cookies
Queen of Cookies

Medals: 1
People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Mystique » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:09 pm

Oh My :( You can't leave me now. Who will Q and talk to me, and ask me questions I don't know anything about. :lol:. I didn't mean to scare you off with how old I really am. :oops: I really feel only 33 really. 8)

Just take a break and maybe loose one of your accounts. PLEASE, OH PLEASE, DON'T LEAVE. Just take a break. We will all miss you a lot.

I guess this means you can't help me with my quest of killing Exodus Overseers and Minons. That's ok, I don't blame ya. :wink:

Whatever you decide It has been great having you around UO and Sonoma. We will miss you a lot. Stay well and be good to yourself. :)
*Hugs & Smiles*

Yesterday is History; Tomorrow a Mystery; Today a Gift
Mystique
In Memory
In Memory

Postby Rex » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:19 pm

Mystique wrote:Oh My :( You can't leave me now. Who will Q and talk to me, and ask me questions I don't know anything about. :lol:. I didn't mean to scare you off with how old I really am. :oops: I really feel only 33 really. 8)

Just take a break and maybe loose one of your accounts. PLEASE, OH PLEASE, DON'T LEAVE. Just take a break. We will all miss you a lot.

I guess this means you can't help me with my quest of killing Exodus Overseers and Minons. That's ok, I don't blame ya. :wink:

Whatever you decide It has been great having you around UO and Sonoma. We will miss you a lot. Stay well and be good to yourself. :)

LOL thanks Mystique ya goob. I'm just gonna take a break, I had a change of heart.
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby WaltRam » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:54 am

My friend,
I am glad you decided to only take a break. I have been going through the break thing myself but I find myself hitting that little UO Icon once in a while so I am glad I did not up and quit and I know you will be glad also.

I enjoy our banter back and forth and so even while on a break, keep up with the boards and ICQ.

GO ARMY :)
WaltRam
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Next

Return to General Discussion