Is UO going under?

Talk about anything that's clean.

Is UO going under?

Postby Sir William » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:27 am

I have seen a large number of people leaving UO and going to other games (second Life, WoW, etc). I have not seen very many people coming into UO. With that said I have also seen alot of good deals lately (5mil gold for $2, item bless deed $50) my question is should I invest in these things or should I hold out and see what happens with the UO rebirth? My gut is telling me to buy now while stuff is cheap but my mind is telling me no. lol.

I guess my question is: Is this just a cycle or is this slow down a little odd?
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tevvin » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:40 am

With news of the new release, alot of people will wait to buy the game and try it out, why buy it now and have to pay for the expansion later. No worries, the prices are dropping because the market is getting saturated. Supply and demand and all that.
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?
Tevvin
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 1
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1)

Postby Sir William » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:52 am

So a prebuy sorta situation...... I just look at the numbers thats all. WoW is over 7mil were as UO is 300k ya know it just makes me wounder thats all. But if UO has always been that low then there is nothing to worry about. Me personally I will never leave UO cause I don't feel like dumping $3k into a new computer to handle WoW or any other uber graphic game. And if the day comes that UO does go under then I will move on to something else like cars or woodworking :P
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Rex » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:45 am

If you can find stuff for those prices buy it now because most of the dupers were banned and that should make the prices skyrocket. Secondly, if you find an item bless deed for $50 I can almost assure you it was duped, those are from 97.
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Sir William » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:55 am

thats what I figured but aslong as it works it should not matter. I know supporting dupers is not ethical but If I can bless my orni when I get it that would be awsome :P ....that is provided I can make myself spend $50 on one item :P
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Rex » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:12 pm

Sir William wrote:thats what I figured but aslong as it works it should not matter. I know supporting dupers is not ethical but If I can bless my orni when I get it that would be awsome :P ....that is provided I can make myself spend $50 on one item :P

Rex's orny is blessed with my personal bless deed, do you have one of those?
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby KDSonoma » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:40 pm

I cant tell u how many times Ive heard "UO is dying" in my 9 yrs here ... and heck I predicted it would last 3 yrs .... bottom line is there are definitely still new players coming to UO.

Some are returning vets (I see more of those than ever before) .. and some are first timers to UO. I think u will notice a lot of new PAR becoming PAS in the next 2 weeks as a result of extra recruiting efforts to find them by myself and others.

I would say UO is doing just fine, we seem to have a nice number of players, too many more and we will need to share our gold farming spots more often etc etc.

So be careful what u ask for. Ask Damien how crowded Europa was when he was there and how u couldnt place even small houses anywhere.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Tracy » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:39 pm

...or ask wildman about atlantic.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby WiLdMaN » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:14 pm

Well, it aint near what it used to be...
WiLdMaN
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Sir William » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:19 am

no Rex I never got one of those personal bless deeds..

Thats what I thought KD.....but I just wanted everyone elses opinion thats all.....Like I said I'm not leaving UO for another online game cause I ain't buying a $3000 computer :P

If I can get the money I'm gonna buy one of those bless deeds. (side note: chances of getting $50 after I pay all the bills 1,000,000,000 to 1) :(
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Return to General Discussion