NOOOOOOOO!!!! (sob!!!)

Talk about anything that's clean.

NOOOOOOOO!!!! (sob!!!)

Postby PrinceCaspian » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:44 am

So a few PASes and I pop over to the Blackrock Elly spawn near Papua. A few skirmishes reveal that there's no way we can go toe-to-toe with these beasties, short of an army.

So I go grab my miner and think about sneaking over to mine. I soul stone my mage's magery and give it to my miner, so he can teleport and invis. In fact, I grabbed an old invis cloak to hide me as I worm my way closer and closer.

FWIW, I sneaked up right on top of the blackrock crystals, and mined like crazy, and did not get as much as a chip of blackrock, nor did I get a message related to blackrock at all.

But anyway, I say, hmmm: I should use my ninja's hiding and stealth on my miner. So I adjust my hiding skill down so I can stash it. Well I get distracted and do something else, and then I'm like "well, better grab that 100 tinkering my miner stashed to get the magic" and I use my ninja (who is at max skills, and 98 hiding marked downward) and absorb the tinkering.

The worst part about this, I realized what I did the split second before the disaster happened. I even let out a Luke Skywalkeresque "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" as Saki was bathed in blue light.

Sure enough:
(Your Tinkering has increased by 100)
(Your Hiding has decreased by 98 )
(Your Magery has decreased by 2)

Ohhhhhhhh God! The worst part about it is that hiding is one of the most boring, tedious skills to raise in this game.

Now the moral of this story is: when dealing with your soul stone transfer, be CAREFUL. Don't rush.

You may all proceed with the Nelson Muntz "HA-has" now.
PrinceCaspian
PAS Templar
PAS Templar

Postby Rex » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:05 am

Ouch, that sucks man! :(
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:18 pm

FWIW?

By the way that sux man.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby kyra » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:32 am

I referred to the "Ki Reference Manual of IMO's and Other Things" ....

finding no mention of FWIW, I sorted it out on my own and came up with "for what it's worth" << my best guess.
kyra

Return to General Discussion