About the blackrock elementals

Talk about anything that's clean.

About the blackrock elementals

Postby Tracy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:54 am

Blackrock elementals have about 3000 hps (nowhere near what peerless have) and moderate resistances (40-60 in each).

They also have a few special abilities:

They drain life from every living body within a radius of them (I think it's 10 tiles).
They are completely immune to magic.
They are completely immune to pets.

The only way to kill them (AND I MEAN ONLY WAY TO KILL THEM) is to have the fewest amount of bodies near them when they drain life as possible.

NO ENERGY VORTICES! They do no damage to blackrock eles, and provide another body to drain life from, making it exponentially harder to kill him.

The best way to kill him in my opinion is to have one well-outfitted dexxer stand and tank him, and have 3-5 mages EXACTLY 10 tiles away from the dexxer (and 11 tiles away from the blackrock ele, so they don't get drained as well, but can still cast on the dexxer) casting the occasional bless and heals on the dexxer.

I'd suggest no archers, because they would have to be within drain radius to hit him anyway, which would be counterproductive. The ele would just run down the archer, and in turn drain all the archers and all the mages, filling it's life back up and causing pandemonium.

If you have enough mages to keep two dexxers alive, put two dexxers up there. Double the drain, but double the damage, making the entire process faster.

This is kinda hard to do with various other guilds there casting ev's left and right...running up and aggroing the ele and running off (making it hard to control where he's going).

So that's what it takes to kill him, but we (Sonoma as a shard) lack coordination, so I won't be there when they finally fumble around and kill the first one.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Tracy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:01 am

And I don't know if an elemental slayer would do double damage or not, but it wouldn't hurt to try.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Dralagon » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:46 am

Here's an idea though Malachai, what if the archer was using a yumi bow which has a range of 10 tiles to be able to hit it? The Horselord Bow from the ToT is an elemental slayer, so if someone stood at the edge of the radius and fired I think it would work to the groups advantage while the tank kept the ele busy so the ele wouldn't target the archer and move in on him/her.
Dralagon
PAS Crusader
PAS Crusader

Postby Mirage » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:13 am

If it wasnt for the other guilds we could prob pull it off and it would be fun to try it. "event"
Remember the first time we tried the labrenth, we got it handed to us.
but we squeezed it out the next time.
Itll just take some planning.
Mirage
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:53 am

Nah, if you're 10 tiles away you still get drained, you have to be 11 or more tiles away.

And even if he didn't drain life from you, he would take damage, run you down and drain from all the mages and be at full life once again.

Another idea I haven't tried is mortal strike. I don't know if it works, but if it does, would it keep him from getting health back from draining life?
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:24 am

I turned my Miner/Smith into a Stealth Miner/Smith and was able to dig up three large pieces of Blackrock. You cannot use a Bag of Sending on them, "the bag rejects the item". I tried double-clicking the rocks to see if they could be smelted into ingots, they cannot. I guess the question is; for what is blackrock used?
Mr. Hyde
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Return to General Discussion