Vet Rewards

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

Vet Rewards

Postby Huma » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:32 pm

I ran across an article from 2013 today that was an interview from a dev where they said that they planned to change the way that vet rewards work. She said that they planned to make it so that anyone can use a reward once obtained. Such as if I bought an ethereal mount statue from a vendor I could ride it even if my account was brand new. I have noticed that I am able to use any of the dye tubs at crafters but I don't remember if there ever was an age restriction on dye tubs. Can anyone tell me if this change was ever actually implemented?

I had to make a new account when I started playing again a few months ago and lost out on all my old vet rewards. If I can use them I might pick up a few off of UoStock.
Huma
Merchant
Merchant

Postby Warden » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:46 pm

Yes, they did make that change. I'm not sure if there are any exceptions, but I know the mounts work for any age of account because it ticked off the veteran players. I think most people were ok with things like dye tubs working for anybody (should have been that way from the start, methinks) but it used to be when you saw somebody riding a tiger, you knew they were a highly seasoned player. Well, unless they bought the whole account, but that's a lot less common than just buying a mount.
Warden
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Tracy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:09 pm

The floor carpets that give things like MIBs and such still require account age to place and to collect resources from them.

I'm in a similar circumstance. I could really use a commodity deed box if anyone has any for sale. I haven't hit my 1 year yet on my only current account, so I don't have that vet reward option yet.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:05 am

remind me when you see me in vent or ingame, Malachai. I have an extra commodity box you can have.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Tracy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:27 pm

Will do, thanks KD :)
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Return to Ask Dara