I'd like to request help with a T-Hunter Template .....

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

I'd like to request help with a T-Hunter Template .....

Postby kyra » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:10 pm

I currently have a bard that I never play ... and I'd always wanted a T-Hunter. So I decided to try to turn her into one. I used an Advance Token & purchaed the T-Hunter. That character currently has the following skills:

100 Cartography
71.5 Eval
64.8 Focus
100 Lockpicking
80.5 Magery
88.1 Meditation
72.5 Music
85.7 Peace

My bard has the following skills:

105.5 Discord (119.5 with jewel)
110 Eval
89.6 Magery (99.6 with Bauble)
62.4 Med
120 Music (the minstrel talisman would give 5 music & free up 5 points)
120 Peace
102.4 Provo (the minstrel talisman would add 5 & put me at 107.4)

I've read a lil about people swapping cartography on and off, and I could do that too if that would make her a better t-grabber.

I have 100 LRC, 25 LMC, 9 Regen, 10 Mana Increase, 10 Intel Increase .... and resists 59, 68, 69, 64, 59. (Since I know all this mana stuff means something ... I've added my armor info.)

So I guess the question is this ... What skills should I stone off the Bard, to add Lockpick & Cartography?

Oh and 1 more thing ... I currently have 87 Strength, 90 Dex, and 68 Int on my Bard. Don't laugh, but I honestly don't know what dex does. Should I adjust these? Add more what? Take away what?

Also if there's any advice on armor, this, or that ... please feel free to offer any and all help. We all know I need all I can get : )
kyra

Postby KDSonoma » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:26 pm

if it were me, its an easy call ... drop eval and med ... u already have lots of med with the suit (plenty for a t-hunter at least, even tho some will say not enough MR ... but thats for a mage).

Eval does diddly squat on lev 5 and 6 monsters ... and thats what u will use a t hunter for 99% of the time anyways. And if u are relying on dischord and peace and provo, then throw in some EVs or earthies with gm or close magery and u are set. Provo helps take down multiples of monsters, dischorded solo monsters go down fast enough with evs or earthies, and wouldnt go down any faster with eval on the t-hunter.

The med is definitely useful for getting mana back to throw more evs or earthies, but not worth dropping provo or dischord in my view.

So you would have cart, LP, magery, music, peace, dischord, provoke.

Thats what 49er aspires to be (he needs a LOT of work still on dischord, its in 40s). I never regretted dropping eval and med on him, and I will never ever ever put med or eval on a tamer or bard or t hunter .... I saw the added damage that eval at 110 does, and its incredibly insignificant compared to dischording 20% of their hp instantly, not to mention making their damage dealing significantly less.

So if thats my char (and it cant be cause that armor is WAY more than any of my chars have hehe) .... I would trade eval and med for LP and Cart.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Nakita Draco » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:15 pm

I agree, drop eval and med. My T-hunter is a bard and has no eval int and she does good I think. The maps that you'll tend to do will take awhile to kill the spawn with just magery. It's much quicker and easier to me to just cast an earth ele and ev combo or 2 earth eles to help take down the spawn as you use your barding skills.

As for your stat's I'd suggest lowering dex to 20 maybe and increasing strength and intelligence, dex only helps your stamina like if you're overweight and walking. Make sure you have enough mana to cast at least 2 summons and still have plenty of mana left over in case you need to cast invis on yourself once or twice. Without eval int you may have to cast your summons a little more frequently but it's usually not a major problem.

If you have room for jewels maybe find something to up your physical resist? Until you get the timing down on invising when digging or if you ever lag and get hit from the popping spawn it usually helps you to survive long enough to area peace and run off screen to recoup before heading back in.
Nakita Draco
PAS Squire
PAS Squire

Postby wild flower » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:00 pm

Another t-hunter ?? :?: ??. How do you get the co-ordinates from the map?
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Shino » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:26 pm

theres a program that basically condenses all of the t-map info on stratics so that its easy to use, called UO Treasure Hunter Tools (UOTH for short). makes life much easier for finding the map locations
Shino
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Mile's Voice of Truth (1)

Postby Arehlyn » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:15 am

Hey, I don't know if you've seen it or not, but...A liitle while back I was trying to figure out what I was going to do for my T-hunter's template, so I started a topic under General Discusion, it's a ways down, its "Treasure Hunter template??". There were a lot of people who posted there templates, maybe you've already looked at it but if not you might find it quiet useful. :wink:
Arehlyn
PAS Templar
PAS Templar

Postby wild flower » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:29 pm

I found the program and will try to use it but I would still like to know how everyone can decode a map and know that it's a 17 for the rune books? And I would also like to know the way to get co-ordinates.
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:13 pm

WF the nice thing about the maps is there arent that many areas to learn, most of us experienced t hunters have learned to look at the map ingame and know what general area its in.

Most are islands so that helps, and theres only a limited number of zones ... I bet once u use UOTH tool for a bit u will get used to it.

In a nutshell, I read a map ingame ... then look at it to try to imagine what island, area it is in ... then click on that areas in UOTH tool and it gives u all the dots (map locations) with numbers. Then I go back to UO, pull the UOTH map over the UO screen so it shows on top, and then I click on the dots on the UOTH screen till my map there looks exactly like the ingame map.

Then thats the number!

I know the UOAM server is down, I cant get it to update after I fixed that computers HD ... but I believe the map I have linked for everyone has the tmap dots on it too, u move the mouse over the dot and it tells u what map number it is.

Very handy ... shows u exactly where to stand so u dont need to try many spots if u dont have mining on the t hunter.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby WaltRam » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:48 pm

And PAS Has a house (Bagball maybe) and the runes to every Treasure map spot. So you figure out which map you are to dig up using UOTH and the number of the map corresponds to one of the runes in the rune book. Find the rune, recall off it and you are 98% of the time standing right where you need to stand to dig it up. Sometimes you may have to take a step or two in one direction or another. I do level 4s and just hop back and forth between T Map Runebook house and spots until I can't carry anymore then I recall home, do a drop off an repeat. Pretty efficient process. Thanks to whoever put the T Map Runebooks together by the way
WaltRam
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Dralagon » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:29 am

I agree with the others and drop eval and med. I currently have a t-hunter bard myself, and would rather use discord, peacemaking, and provoke over trying to throw spells at an AW, Titan, or other nasty spawn ins. You don't need med or eval to throw ev's or earth eles for protection either, so there's no negative to dropping those two skills. :)
Dralagon
PAS Crusader
PAS Crusader

T-Hunter Template

Postby Trent » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:25 pm

I guess it is where you want to go. I have a stealther/T-Hunter/mage and he's great for exploring or recon. There are few places that I can't go, but then again, he doesn't have much heacy combat capability.

Just a fun character.
Trent
Trent
PAS Crusader
PAS Crusader

Postby KDSonoma » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:32 am

yep, Walt, its the house due west of bagball ... we use it for Carmen's rune library that she put together, for the potion house (although few PAS take advantage of the free pots there), and for the tmap rune library (fel and tram).

We can all thank Bubbles and Slim for that rune library. They wanted to help PAS and asked how they could one day after I had stumbled across someones rune library in a log cabin. I told them I would pay them a hefty price to duplicate the library, they refused, and did all that work for free.

Now for any of you that have tried to duplicate someones rune book, or a library, you know its a PAIN IN THE BUTT and takes forever and a day to finish. THose guys never complained .... and when Bubbles quit UO, we were talking about the library and other fun things that he was involved with over the years ... and he said OH GOD I NEVER wanted to look at a runebook for the rest of my UO life after that!

He and Slim are RL father/son, and I think one of the things Ill remember most about them is their willingness to sacrifice all that time and endure all that trouble to get us that rune library.

Literally thousands of UO treasure hunters have used that library.

It ROCKS.

So thanks Bubbles and Slim, wherever u guys are out there in RL!

*bows*

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Tracy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:43 pm

I remember hanging out with Slim at the RL meeting at KD's house in 04...And bubbles is a riot in RL moreso than he ever was in game.

They're both definitely on the list of people I'd like to see back in game someday.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:43 pm

As for the template, I agree that with the bard you don't need the eval at all. A friend was using my t-hunter to peace when I first tried to tame a nightmare, and he said my t-hunter sucked and couldn't kill anything.

Well, I just solo'ed my first lvl 6 with him ( ok so a wyrm didn't spawn but 3 balrons did).

Cart. 100
Lock Pick 100
Music 105
Peace 104
Provoke 106
Magery 100
Med. 100 (doing to drop this when I start working provoke)

I will have to tweak or find some great + skill jewelry if I want to goto 120 on the barding skills. I am hoping to get song woven mantle and singing axe to put on this char to free up some skill points to go along with jewelry. Are there any other items I can get +skills to the any of the barding skills? Not even going to try and take magery any higher, only thing he casts is ev and earth elementals, so if I am concerned with failing I will just take scrolls. Also, looking at the damage firehorn will do with all barding skills, going to start packing ample Sulfur and taking fire horn as a back up weapon.

This char can do lvl 5's currently without a problem in the world, and only has problems with Balrons and Ancient Wyrms on lvl 6. But when I work the barding up to full 20's should not have a problem going solo on lvl 6 maps.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Return to Ask Dara