Paragon Artie Information.

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

Paragon Artie Information.

Postby Tau-Qual » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:12 am

Coppied off a thread on stratics I located, I know SOME ONE wants it.
And I figured with so few of you reading those boards, might as well, might come in handy for our Ilsh hunters.

-Dresis
(rest is an un-editted paste from http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/s ... v=&vwhich=)

And paragon arties too - those are missing as well.

I've found some posts that Leurocian gave us before on Japanese websites(Llama-net and lycaeum.net). These sites collected posts of devs on Strattics and archived them before and beside me. I couldn't find his original posts on Stratics arhives that are older than 10/15/2004. Have they been already deleted?

Dev's time is valuable of cource for themselves, but also invaluable for us. I hope that it would help devs to confirm how it goes by Paragons, if they would do.

(*) These posts include facts and plans of that time at the same time. It is unknown whether the plans are actually implimented.

(9/27/2004)(*)I think that the calculator on the Stratics is based on this comment.

It's not linear. It's a log formula. Here is what it would look like in a spreadsheet.

=MAX(10,100*(0.83-(ROUND(LOG(ROUND(($D17)/6000,3)+0.001),3))))*(100-SQRT(F$2))/100

$D17 is your adjusted fame level (40% higher than the base fame)

F$2 is your luck.

Some already adjusted fame levels to play with...

Weak Mongbat: 210
Strong Mongbat: 630
Earth Elemental: 4900
Blood Elemental: 17500
Dragon: 21000
Balron: 32000

So the return value of the calculation would be like this...

Dragon = 29 (1 in 29) with 0 luck. 19 (1 in 19) with 1200 luck.

Fertbert is actually the one that came up with this calculation. It makes my head hurt working at it. It seems to work well, however, so kudos to Fertbert for that.
Leurocian (Designer, Ultima Online)

(9/27/2004)

Comment: I also remember Leurocian's first post on the subject saying that everyone who does damage to the Paragon has an individual chance at an arty based on their own luck and the fame of the paragon.

Leurocian: I did say this as long as the individual is a top 16 attacker.

(9/27/2004)

According to Stratics, Balrons ae 24000, the 40% should put them at 33,600 not 32,000. (I wonder if Stratics is current with Fame Stats? anyone know?)

This is because we cap the fame at 32000.

Leurocian
(Designer, Ultima Online)

(9/26/2004)(*) This comment is for ancient SOS bottle.

We're going to go with 1 in 25. That seems like a good compromise to me. 1 in 10 seems too common and 1 in 40 seems too rare.

Thanks a lot everyone for your votes on this.

Leurocian

(9/17/2004)

The luck attribute has no effect whatosever on acquiring an Ancient SOS. It a random roll (1 in 40) to determine if a message in a bottle becomes an Ancient SOS when opened.
Leurocian (Designer, Ultima Online)

(9/16/2004)

Question: If the chests and artifacts are luck-based, this severely restricts who will be receiving these items (tamers).

Leurocian: The paragon chests are not luck-attribute based at all, just a flat 10% chance for each paragon.

The minor artifact drops are afftected by luck, but not very much in most cases.

(9/15/2004)

Just for you StatMan! (and molinaro)

A Paragon creature is one fame level greater than normal. Internally, fame level goes from 0 to 4 (instead of level 1 to 5).

So after the fame adjustment, each paragon gets an additional backpack based on its adjusted fame level.

Level 1 Fame = Meager Backpack
Level 2 Fame = Average Backpack
Level 3 Fame = Rich Backpack
Level 4 Fame = Filthy Rich Backpack
Level 5 Fame = Ultra Rich Backpack

Leurocian

The articles about Paragon etc on the list of Pub 28 open to public on uo.com.

Changed Ancient SoS spawn chance from 1 in 40 to 1 in 25.
Capped barding difficulty at 160.0.
Halved Discordance debuff vs. any creature with a barding difficulty of 160.0.
* Example: a bard with 120 discord normally debuffs a creature by 28%. However, against a creature that has a barding difficulty of 160.0, the bard will debuff the creature by 14%.
Slightly reduced Paragon creature maximum speed (was 150, now 125).
Paragon creatures with a barding difficulty = 160.0 after the cap will also have the no-provoke flag. If 160.0 barding difficulty paragons are discorded, their barding difficulties will be lower while discorded. Therefore, they can be directly provoked while they are discorded.
Tau-Qual
PAS Arch Knight
PAS Arch Knight

Re: Paragon Artie Information.

Postby Tracy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:40 pm

Tau-Qual wrote:Paragon creatures with a barding difficulty = 160.0 after the cap will also have the no-provoke flag. If 160.0 barding difficulty paragons are discorded, their barding difficulties will be lower while discorded. Therefore, they can be directly provoked while they are discorded.

Neat...I read that as follows:

Double balron room, two para balrons spawn. Discord para balron 1, discord para balron 2, provo para balron 1 onto para balron 2 (or vice-versa).

Is that what it means by paragons can be directly provoked when discorded?
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Tau-Qual » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:13 pm

:)

sure does, see, it WAS useful!
Tau-Qual
PAS Arch Knight
PAS Arch Knight

Return to Ask Dara