Stealth/Ninja/Archer Template?

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

Stealth/Ninja/Archer Template?

Postby AshOfCaine » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:51 pm

Ok, I am tired of falling to Reds in 2 hits so going to either re-design Ash or build a new char. I am thinking of Stealth/Ninja/Archer but I may drop the archery for a melee weapon. Currently need to know if this is a worth while template, if not suggestions, and any equipment I need to look for.

Hiding 100
Stealth 80
Resist 120
Ninja 120
Archery 120
Tactics 120
Chiv 60+ ( any plus skills points used to raise Chivalry)

Currently plan on dismount (either heavy xbow or bola) ninja belt and shurikens to infect with deadly poison, and repeating crossbow to use 'moving shot' if they run. Would have to use chiv and potions for healing. Had wanted to use Shadow Strike, but not available with archery, so will use bombs to hide if need to and stealth/shadow jump to relocate quickly.

Don't know what stats will need with this template/style, or what the best equipment to look for would be.

Also, just read something about necros doing more damage against higher karma players, is that true? If so would say would lock my karma on this char to neutral, but need high karma for effective Chivalry.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby crimson » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:19 am

well here's what I'm looking at doing for mine.

Archery 120 maybe 100 if I can get hunters headdress
anat 80
tact 100 - arms of tactics not sure fo the amount
hiding 100
stealth 50 +30 from jewels
healing 80
ninja 120
SS 100

and I have 710 skill cap on my account do I will need to have good jewels to pull it off but I think it's possible. The SS is so I can see ghosts and stalk them while hidden for those rez kills.
Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with Ketchup!
crimson
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby AshOfCaine » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 am

I noticed that you forego the resist, I thought that was a must have for a PvP.

But now that I think of it, they can't cast what they can't see, right? 8)

So, I guess smoke bombs to hide during combat should make it hard to get a shot off, except for when it is precast. So how would you defend against a mage? I see that if you see him casting can go invisible, but then he has that cursor hanging there ready to zap you the second you show yourself to attack again. Would that be where a mirror image might come in handy? Hmm, got me thinking now. So, I could drop the resist and with jewelry (and shadow leggins just got) I might be able to add anatomy and healing as well.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby crimson » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:13 am

Well the whole point in a stealth archer is to not let them hit you by hiding before they hit you. Stay away from area effect spells and hit them hard and fast before they can figure out who killed them. The trick will be to only take the kill shots. watch peoples health bars and steal the kill when they're like around 1/4 health. Get in and rez kill them and run away laughing. I know my char isn't ready yet but these are the tactics that you will want to use.
Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with Ketchup!
crimson
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Darsus » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:47 pm

well i dunno bout shurikens but when u use a kyrss or anyother weapon used to poison ppl, if u dont have poisoning, it will only inflect greater poison on ur target, so.......u could use it to poison ur enemy to keep them from healing quick, if its a mage, dismount them and then switch to a magical short bow with bout 40 SSI and disrupt them til they die :)
Darsus
PAS Crusader
PAS Crusader

Postby AshOfCaine » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:15 am

I believe the shurikens and darts base chance to poison on the ninjitsu skill, so you can inflict deadly poison using those.

So i plan on using shuriken to launch deadly poison and bola to dismount being at same time.

So, using stealth to full advantage i can ditch the resist for another skill.

not sure i would go with SS like Crimson, could add anat for a bit more damage, or may add 2nd weapon skill and add fencing so can use shadow strike.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Return to Ask Dara