PvP Necro Template?

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

PvP Necro Template?

Postby Arehlyn » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:48 pm

Ok. I want to have good Pvp character(although being a good at Pvp is another story). This is what I have on my necro so far, some skills I know won't be nessecary but have just been built up from playing her. I know that I will have like 150 to 200 pionts left over and I would like some suggestions on where best to put them. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Necro 102.5
Spirit Speak 106.2
Magery 100.6
Resisting Spells 35.4 (obviosly needs help, lost in soulstone accident)
Focus 88.6
Meditation 68.9
Eval 97.7
Arehlyn
PAS Templar
PAS Templar

Postby Tracy » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:25 pm

120 necro
120 ss
120 magery
120 eval
120 resist
120 med

That would be a perfect template.

Set your focus to decay and shoot for that, and as you get scrolls to raise your skills higher, your focus will decay...

If we spawn enough this is a reasonable template, you gotta be a lucky roller. :P

In the mean time stock up on 110s and 115s (when you can get them) so you can get skills up as much as possible.

And you gotta make sure you get a -0 mage weapon (either staff of the magi or swords of prosperity) so you can have at least SOME defense chance against dexxers.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Terrin » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:46 pm

you need a weapon skill. otherwise your a so easy to hit for a dexxer or mage with a weapon its not even funny!

120 weapon skill
100 necro
100 ss
110 magery
110 eval
110 resist
the rest in med depending on your skill cap 700-720

low med wont hurt you can run around with a shadow wisp
the lower ss and eval wont hurt due to the fact you have 3 ways to kill someone
the only spell you wont cast consistantly with 100 necro is vamp form and thats no big deal.

just my thoughts but its similar to a template im currently running
Terrin
Merchant
Merchant

Postby Arehlyn » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:46 pm

Do you need a weapon skill for bushido? Cuz someone suggested parry and bushido. And that would be amazing 8)
Arehlyn
PAS Templar
PAS Templar

Postby Terrin » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:51 pm

yea for bushido you should run swords so you can use the bokuto without having to find a good one with ubws. my dexxer is currently using bushido and nerve strike is a killer. you could drop med completely for bushido and leave off parry. that would allow you to use the bokuto and confidence(heals through anything) you wont be able to evade but thats still a good thing to add.
Terrin
Merchant
Merchant

Postby Arehlyn » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:00 am

Hmmmm, well yeah I was thinking something like that to add to the necro/mage. Cuz I wasn't doing to well with just that. I think I am gonna hit the test shards...
Thank you both for your suggestions. :D
Arehlyn
PAS Templar
PAS Templar

Postby WiLdMaN » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:57 am

IMO, adding bushido and parry will over-complicate a fun, simple, and effective template. If it were me in your shoes, I would start with the template Jr. suggested. It's straight forward and you know what you're working with (Necro and mage spells).

Since you guys mentioned this template, I think I'm going to make it. I've always wanted a good necro mage template. I'm probably going to go with this though:

120 mage
120 eval
120 resist
120 ss
100 necro
70 med
60 focus (6 stam regen + 3 passive med)

710 cap

My guy will probably wear a -22 mage weapon, but I have +13 magery on my ring and I'll wear the +5 mage talisman resulting in -4 magery (116 magery/weapon skill at 120 real magery). I can get my fire resist to 80 with 12 mana regen on the suit and wear my shield with resists and 15 dci while wearing that one handed mage weapon though.
WiLdMaN
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Terrin » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:17 am

the template you suggest is a good one but very item heavy and expensive. the 120's are expensive the plus magery jewels with fc and fcr and lrc would be expensive. the first template i suggested i think is very easy to build and suit. the one with bushido would take more skill to play i do believe (a few more keys to learn) but the best bet would be to go to test and play with some of these different templates and see what suits you the best and your style.
Terrin
Merchant
Merchant

Postby WiLdMaN » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:29 am

All of em seem to cost about the same as far as the suit goes. Each one of them will prefer a 100% LRC suit w/ high MR, DCI, resists, and 2/6 (or 5) casting, as would all mage-related suits. The only difference is the choice of weapon. The one I said, I only said because I already have the weapon and entire suit for it. It could easily be substituted with a -0 mage weapon (cheaper than a good SC weapon).

Anyway, they're all about the same, and the weapon template could be more effective, but simple is better in my opinion. As far as prices go, even your template, I would one day want to get 120'ed out. I just throw 120's into mine to see what it would look like if all scrolls were available to me (far into the future).
WiLdMaN
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Terrin » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:30 am

youre right about the cost and simplicity. the only point i was trying to make was finding the right jewelry for that template could be hard and expensive. many people in pas are collectors though so it shouldnt be as hard as it would be for an individual to locate specific mod jewelry. people in pas can get together and share items to help one another build a suit. on the -0 mage weapons you may find its a red flag to someone in pvp because they instantly know you have no weapon skill(no specials) a few of us have played around with it and the person with the staff of the maji is an instant target.
Terrin
Merchant
Merchant

Postby Zoelle » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:09 am

I currently have two necros, one is more pvp oriented and one is more spawn oriented. Their templates are as follows:

pvp
Necro 105
Spiritspeak 120
Magery 110 (uses swords of prosperity)
Eval Int 110
Resist 115
Meditation 110
Focus 60
And yes, this does add up to more than 720. I have a jewel with some skills on it in my suit.

spawn
Necro 105
Spiritspeak 120
Magery 115 (using swords of prosperity)
Resist 115
Spellweaving 100
Meditation 100
Focus 80
And again, over 720 because of the jewels. These two necros share the same suit.

Now some of my reasoning on the templates....like some mentioned you need to have a defensive skill or use a mage weapon. I choose the swords because of the tightness of the template plus they are fire damage and if I do get into the pvp situation I can corpse skin and then their fire resist is lowered. The necro is locked at 105 because that's where you never fail strangle...only would go higher if I thought I needed to cast revenants a lot. The resist, I'm getting it as high as I can because when I'm at a spawn I run around in wraith form with protection on. The negative 35 points hurts, but it leaves me with enough resist to not get poisoned 100% of the time by spawn, or para'd all the time, or mana drained. (OMG, I hate mana drain!) The focus I throw on cause with all the mana I use, its nice to have a little extra regen (and I don't have a godly suit with 15 mana regen). The spellweaving on the spawner...it really does come in handy if you have a high level focus. Put on gift of renewal and gift of life right before 3rd level hits or if you hear a raid coming in.
Zoelle
PAS Templar
PAS Templar

Postby Rex » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:32 am

I currently have one and a half necros, haha. Here is my main necro's template:

120 necro
120 ss
110 mage, med, eval, and wrestling

As soon as I get the dough, I am going to buy another 120 mage and eval and finish him up with all 120's.
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Arehlyn » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:28 am

Yeah I really do think that I will have to just play the templates and figure out whats best for me. It's just the necro/mage template didn't seem to do me very well, so I figered I would try and add another skill. However I really don't have that much experience in Pvp so that might be the problem, since how so many of you do just run the necro/mage. Or another thing I might just need a suit with better resist and more DCI, really not sure. But I will figure it out one day I'm sure. Thank you all for you imput and ideahs. Hopefully soon we will have another good Pvp charater added to PAE. That really is my main goal is to be there to help PAS out with there future CS and harrowers.

and.....I just have an urge to be evil :evil:
Arehlyn
PAS Templar
PAS Templar

Postby Sir William » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:34 am

dirty little red wannabe :P
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Rex » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:54 am

Necro mages are great for support characters and solo, I really like them at the spawn in despise, get like 4 or 5 necros on the bridge in wraith form and spamming wither, that's money as long as you have the mages in the back to throw some area spells and heal the necros.
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Next

Return to Ask Dara