PvP Necro Template?

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

Postby Darsus » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:36 pm

well bout haveing 120's in all skills:
1: u can add more skills to make a specialized template(if u dont have 120 in all skills). ex: a nox necro/mage

2: like terrin said u dont need 120 necro the highest u should go would be 110 cause u not gonna be casting vamp form if ur a mage cause the mini heal will do more damage than the heal heals and u will never fail wither at 110, u wont fail at strangle, evil omen, blood oath, corpse skin, pain spike or the other spells either, and as 120 magery, i wouldnt even get that, all that will do is gaurentee casting 8th circle(with at 110 u WONT fail often anyway)

3: no weapon skill(bad vs dexxers) and again like terrin said u will be a target if they c u have a - mage weapon on, cause they will know u wont be able to do specials......fencing is a good choice, but it all depends on ur template, if u got poisoning fencing is the way to go, if u got bushido swords is the way to go......ect

4: protection is good when spawning but not good for pvp cause ur spells will cast slow, u will prob die if u got more that one person on u, and someone can use a ward removing tali and remove ur protection(very good for pvp should try to carry one especially if u fight a protection, pot chuging newb, which there is some like that, seen bout 2 or 3 ppl at the gate running that they aint that hard to kill but it is a pain in the A$$....lol)
Darsus
PAS Crusader
PAS Crusader

Postby Sir William » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:13 pm

I ran with 115 magery for a long time and I fizzeled 50% of the time on 8th level spells. soooo...personally 120 is alot better...although for PvP(gate fighting) Im not sure if you would be casting very many 8th level spells soooo 110 might be good.
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby WiLdMaN » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:36 pm

120 magery is 100x greater than 110 magery imo because, you won't fail rezzing (and it's nice to be able to run by a friendly ghost while fighting someone and know that the pre-casted rez isn't going to fizzle.) and your resistable spells are less likely to be resisted (ie. poison, which really sucks to have resisted). For these two reasons alone, 120 magery is 100x greater than 110 magery to me.

As far as the weapon skill vs mage weapon debate goes, a weapon skill is nice to have and great for many different reasons, but consider the possibilities of the template with those 120 points spent in something else. For example, 120 ninjitsu for deathstrike is just as usable with a -0 mage weapon as it is with 120 weapon skill and I hate to be deathstruck in the midst of a group of foes.

Targeting a player merely because he has no weapon skill is a bit of a leap in itself. Sure, if the player isn't that good, he'll probably fall easy, but no easier will he fall because he has no weapon skill than he would if he had a weapon skill. The difference is marginal. Perhaps a lucky disarm or bleed would tick a foe to disrupt his finishing move, but that's about it.

Though, I'm way out of practice at the moment, I've been playing more often lately and getting better. When I get back into my old zone and get to making this template w/ my -22 magery kryss, I'll have no weapon skill and it'll be the enemies mistake for targeting me because of it. =P

Ki
WiLdMaN
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Arehlyn » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:38 pm

Well, honestly I really won't even be able to do 120 magery for a looooong while anyway cuz I don't have the gold or the money to envest in a 120 mage scroll. And when I eventually do get one it is going on my mage sooo. And if I were to spend money on scrolls for her (the necro) it would probobly be the 120 resist for first.
And if it's not going to be fizzle proof I might as well just have it at 110 as oppoesed to 115.
Arehlyn
PAS Templar
PAS Templar

Postby Terrin » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:58 pm

yes but ki you are leet!! and that marginal difference is huge when your not a great pvper. and you ki do have more skill than probly all of current pas when it comes to playing a mage. this is not a slam against any current pas merely a compliment to to the wildman.
Terrin
Merchant
Merchant

Previous

Return to Ask Dara