Template

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

Template

Postby Trent » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:44 am

I was readining the Focus vs. Meditation thread and it made me look at my own snf I realized that I don't have either (!) Any thoughts?

Chiv 120
Swords 115
Anat 115
Tactics 110
Parry 90
Resist 90
Healing 90
Total 710

Focus ????

I max at 720 and this is predominantly a PvM character/but am interested in PvP.

Thanks,
Trent
PAS Crusader
PAS Crusader

Postby WiLdMaN » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:48 am

you're a warrior or dexer pre-dominently and that makes you not need it on that char (one with healing skill).

The only way I would get either on that char is if you had 4/6 casting for chiv. Divine fury gives 100% stamina (no need for focus) and a good mana leech weapon will give more mana than meditation ever could.

Ki
WiLdMaN
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Centibite » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:51 pm

Yep I second Wildman on this, I run:

Swds 120
Tact 100
Resi 100 (+15 from Resilent Bracer)
Parry 115
Heal 100
Anat 100
Chiv 75

I always use a Mana Leech Weapon with 40+ on it. I am not good at all at PvP though, but it is my suit and not my template, all DCI and no front damage. Makes me hard to hit in combat but when your getting ganked getting hit by one person doesn't really apply.

None the less if you don't have a good mana leech weapon you should look into getting one. The is not the best out there, but it's fast and has decent leech effects on it.

$.02
Last edited by Centibite on Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Centibite
Warrior
Warrior

Template

Postby Trent » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:01 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the .02 cents.

I will start adjusting and look for mana leaching weapons.
Trent
PAS Crusader
PAS Crusader

Postby Rex » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:27 pm

You only need 90 healing, drop it to 90 and carry enhanced aids. Put 5 of those points into chiv and five into parrying.
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:27 pm

I'm not bragging, but Jr is probably one of the better dexxers on the shard, mainly because he's outfitted properly.

While I don't have meditation, I do have mana regen, lower mana cost, and hit mana leech.

In all honesty, hit mana leech seems to do very little in post-pub 38 UO.

40 LMC and 14 Mana regen, with 52 hit mana leech...I can pretty much spam armor ignores until anyone is dead.

Add to that macros to switch weapons, bleed, disarm, then armor ignore two or three times and you kill pretty much anyone, provided you can keep up with them.

That's the biggest downfall of being a dexxer, no range.

PM me if you wanna know specs of Jr's template and suit.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Centibite » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:10 pm

Yeah I know about the Heal/Anat thing I just loose aids so much. It doesn't seem to be worth the effort. As far as my suit. I don't have the time to farm the gold to pay for bkits and I am not willing to spend real $$ on a suit.
Centibite
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Tracy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:14 pm

Yeah, it takes a while.
My first few bkits were from BODs...and man I got sick of them.
lol
But I still have some decent stuff if you just wanna look for MR stuff with LMC and maybe some resists...most of the decent mage stuff with LRC is gone though.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Terrin » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:22 am

this isnt a jab at you centibite but if you want to become a pvper you have to be dedicated to building a suit in one of the ways you mentioned. This is the way pvp is in uo now since it is more item based. I dont think its quite as hard as you think it will be though. It is my belief you are better off letting other people buy bkits and just buy the pieces that will fit into your suit to help it. seems like you hardly ever get the piece you was looking for when burning a kit. just my oppinion
Terrin
Merchant
Merchant

Postby Tracy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:47 am

I'll second that.

Nothing like burning through 10 bkits to get a decent piece, picking out the best one, and then going to luna and seeing a piece better than your best for 1.5 mil...

Waste of time, money and effort...lol
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby Centibite » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:09 pm

Terrin wrote:this isnt a jab at you centibite but if you want to become a pvper you have to be dedicated to building a suit in one of the ways you mentioned. This is the way pvp is in uo now since it is more item based. I dont think its quite as hard as you think it will be though. It is my belief you are better off letting other people buy bkits and just buy the pieces that will fit into your suit to help it. seems like you hardly ever get the piece you was looking for when burning a kit. just my oppinion

Then it will be a long time before I am "good" at PvP.

:P
Centibite
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Rex » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:12 pm

I miss the old days when I threw on my GM studded leather with a closed helm and "hit the streets". I never cared when I died and lost my armor and weapon, I just went home and grabbed another set.
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Nanaja » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:43 am

I miss those days too! When all you had to worry about was repairs, not stats your armor gave you.
Ahh... the good 'ol days
Nanaja
PAS Knight
PAS Knight

Postby Centibite » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:14 pm

Rex wrote:You only need 90 healing, drop it to 90 and carry enhanced aids. Put 5 of those points into chiv and five into parrying.

Why would I need to bring Chiv up to 80? I can't really see a reason. I was thinking of actually lowereing from 75 down to 65 when I get 120 Resist/Parry Scroll.
Centibite
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Rex » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:43 pm

Centibite wrote:Why would I need to bring Chiv up to 80? I can't really see a reason. I was thinking of actually lowereing from 75 down to 65 when I get 120 Resist/Parry Scroll.

You should go:

120 swords
120 parry
120 resist
100 tactics
100 anatomy
90 healing
70 chiv

That's Jr's template and a damn good one at that. :D
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder