Question on Chivalry

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

Question on Chivalry

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:16 pm

Is there any point in taking chivalry beyond 80?....Does it make much of a difference if I take it to 100?
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Tracy » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:55 pm

Better chance for Enemy of One, holy light and Noble Sacrifice.

I think at 95 you have a 100% chance for EOO...

If you're looking at a spawn char with a lot of mana regen, go for 107.5, that gives you a 100% chance for holy light.

Put on a mage suit with FC/FCR, LMC, mana regen, etc (LRC optional) and just spam holy light, using bandages and pots to heal (and the occasional close wounds if needed)...you can solo any spawn through level 2 (once it bumps to level 3 it gets more difficult).

but if you aren't planning on using holy light, 75 is the best you need for divine fury.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Darsus » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:41 pm

holy light spawning with 4/6 casting messes up mages :twisted:
Death To All That Oppose Us!!!!
Darsus
PAS Crusader
PAS Crusader

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:44 pm

Awesome...well I am making a bushido/chiv/archer so I will be doing spawns with her for sure...So that answers that...tyvm Jr.
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:41 pm

I have just been playing around since Ash is bushido/archer with 80 chivalry. So I put on some jewelry to get chiv up and tried to see how far I could get the tokuno spawn. And I just couldn't get past 7 candles.

I have read that chiv/holy light only good to clear spawn up to a point, so what strategy to advance the candles after that point? I tried just going with enemy of one/divine fury and lightning strike to target the kappa individually and take out in about 2-3 shots, but still I couldn't get more than a few white candles before starting losing ground.

Am I just going to have to redo my equipment so I can just let 20 kappa surround me like I do the lizardmen? My problem is all the life drain and acid pools when I am surrounded which keeps me moving. The lizardmen I couldn't believe how easy they were, I literally just walk around and get as many as possible to surround me and then I stop and holy light them and watch them all fall.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Tracy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:27 pm

Well, with enough mana regen you don't have to stop and wait for them to surround you, you can pretty much spam holy light when you run up to something...
then run on to the next one and go again.

Tokuno takes a LONG time to bump, even with 20 of us.

Try it on an ilsh spawn and see how you do. Even with paragons, I'd wager you get further along than 7 candles.

If I throw on chiv jewels with Jr, I can take any spawn but oaks to 3rd level no probs.

Above that, yeah EOO lightning strike with consecrate wep and you can drop 3rd level pretty quickly...not sure about 4th.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:13 am

I still need to take a shot at an ilsh spawn, but still playing around with equipment.

Silly me just realized I keep switching to my luna lance for a quick +10 chiv, and I just realized last night (helps when you look at the numbers) I haven't used a 110 scroll yet so I go from 97 to 100. oops.

Also, just discovering the macro EquipLastWeapon, to quickly toggle between weapons means I can keep my bow equiped so that it is harder for spawn to hit me, then when ready I hit EquipLastWeapon to pop the lance in my hand and spam the light.

I also added some more mana regen, but my equipment choice is so bad it was at the cost of a good bit of resist. So, for now just using it to test and play with. I know with most of my resist in the 40s I won't be taking anything on at close range or magic casters.

Also got my dismount/all kill macro working, so when it gets to the higher levels I am not as concerned as I was, since with a slayer weapon and chiv specials plus the lesser hiryu I should be able to hold my own for a while.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Return to Ask Dara