Paladin Question

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

Paladin Question

Postby Kalar » Tue May 29, 2007 1:31 pm

Ok, so I always Roleplayed my character as a paladin, so when I started back a few days ago, I decided I would actually make a Paladin.

My idea for skills are
100 Chivalry
100 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Parry
100 Anat
100 Healing
100 Resist

That was before I knew that I could have skills at 120. The idea is to be very good at PvE, and be able to hold my own against an average PvPer.
Should I Change this template to include skills to something above 100?

What stats should I try for? I used the old idea from back in the day of 100/100/25, but obviously times have changed. Also I hear that you can get a stat increase? How does that work?

And Finally, I will be on the lookout for special gear as I gain skill, and horde stuff. What should I hold onto?

Thanks for all your help.
Kalar
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Jakalair » Wed May 30, 2007 10:44 am

As a returning player myself there are many things you need too look at what you want from chivalry. also mana can now be used by fighters for special moves.

As for armor someone else will have to explain. But, you try to get to max resists which are 70 over all and have it be meddable. Also a very very important thing. Plate armor is now not always the best as far as armor so do not discount the armor just because it is lether.

I do think there is a post somewhere that explains the armor on the forums but I can't refind it. Anyways, welcome back.
Jakalair
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Wed May 30, 2007 11:32 am

If it were me bro I would go with a template like this:

120 Swords
120 Parry
100 Anat
100 Tac
100 Resist
80 Heal (use enhanced bandages...they add +10 to healing skill when used)
80 Chivalry

and for a warrior your armor does not need to be medable unless you are gonna try and fit either focus or meditation on your template which is unnecessary with the right equipment!

Feel free to ICQ me with any questions bro...I am no good at PvP by any means but I am a pretty good PvMer and would be happy to help in any way!
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Return to Ask Dara