changes to doom

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

changes to doom

Postby Pure Chaos » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:27 pm

I took a break for a while - came back and discovered BoS completely nerfed and much more interest in doom.
I heard that they had made it much more likely to get arties - I thought it was some temporary thing like when they let tokuno arties drop etc..

Well I am wondering how much I should be getting out there now, vs in time - so I wanted to find out is the doom change for good?
i guess I also dont know what the change is.

I found this on the pub notes:
"Killing bosses in Doom will increase your chances of getting an artifact drop:
Killing bosses in Doom will increase your chances of getting an artifact drop:
Each player character participating against a gauntlet boss or the Dark Father will accumulate artifact reward points.
The more artifact reward points a player character accumulates, the more likely an artifact will spawn in his/her backpack.
Player characters who score higher on the Top Attacker list will earn more points. However, everyone in the Top Attackers list that stays the entire duration of the combat (even if slain) will still earn points. "

This makes it sound like ot me its permananet and the idea seems to have been if a player spends days in doom they really should have a great shot at an artie (i guess) .

So does anyone know - is this permanent, and also by the above description - does this mean the points are reset once I get an artie, or when I log out or something else?

Thanks!
Pure Chaos
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby KDSonoma » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:21 pm

no one can ever claim anything in UO is "permanent", since the game changes all the time, and if UO thinks theres too many artis, they will change the drop rate or make other changes etc.

It looks like this will stay, though, as people have talked about it for the last 3-4 weeks and no ones mentioned reverting anything in gauntlet.

The big thing is the fact that points pile up and carry over for your next trip, unlike the old days where each trip stood on its own with miniscule chances for artis.

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Pure Chaos » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:05 am

I guess then these doom arties will be droping in price alot
speaking of which I guess we might want to start trading as I have 2 hunters headresses now besides the one I had bought long ago...

thanks
Pure Chaos
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Atta Kquast » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:13 am

Yup, prices are plummeting. For low end items like dragon slayer, breastplate and bonesmasher, I saw them for 75k each in luna tonight. Mid-tier 500k-2mil.

Totem: 8-15 (the 8 was blessed too)
Orni: 15-19 (folks still pushing for higher gold)
AoF: 8-12 (saw one for 9 tonite)
Mid Bracers: 2-4 (saw 2.5mil last nite; sold this morning when checked)
Atta Kquast
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Mile's Voice of Truth (1) Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:56 am

I have been spending quite a bit of time in Doom and so far I would say I am averaging about 1 artie every 4 hours....maybe 5 hours...
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Tracy » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:13 am

Yeah I average about 2-2.5 hours per arty.
Last edited by Tracy on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Zoombi » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:24 pm

I've been averaging one per 2 to 3 hours. Except for last night anyways. 4 hours and nada.
Azash - Mage
Valrik Dalziel - ?
Zoombi - Stealth Archer
Zakath Arabani - Dexxer
Mordeth - Mule - Alchemist / Blacksmith / Tailor / Poisoner
Slade Dalziel - Newbie Tamer
Mordeth Arabani - Miner

:twisted:
Zoombi
PAS Templar
PAS Templar

Return to Ask Dara