Macro's on UOA

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

Macro's on UOA

Postby Garrett » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:36 pm

The keyed macros that are preset (ie drink a heal potion) I have no problem. I am trying to make a macro to drink an invis potion. Apparently I am either doing something wrong or it just isn't possible..

So i just need to know if it's not possible, or if it is, what are the correct steps to make that macro.....

Thanks
Garrett
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby AshOfCaine » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:50 pm

1st step-record the macro
- Go to the macros tab
- pick a number 1-16 button on bottom of an empty macro
- Click Record Macro
- Go to UO and drink the invis potion
- Back in UOA click stop recording
- Now in the box under command, right click Use Item and change to Use Item Type

Now go to the Keys Tab, select the play macro for the number you recorded and set it to a key. So if you recorded macro 1, set 'Play Macro 1' to what ever key you want.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:14 pm

you can also set up the macro to drop your weapon or shield first so u don't have to do that manually...
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Stupid Potion macro question

Postby Kiera » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:55 am

In defense of stupid question about a multi-step potion macro... I've avoided using potions heavily in the past 13+ yrs. But now I'm running a Mystic who needs quick firing Invis potions. :D

I'm running 2D UO with UOA and having difficulty with the exact steps to make a macro work in either one to do the following:

1) Disarm left handed shield (spell channeling shield)
2) Use Invis potion (this part by itself is very easy)
3) Rearm left handed shield
* Note: char uses a Healing Stone with another macro but this was before adding the nice shield to the char's armament. I'll need to do the same thing for a new Healing Stone macro.

UOA just wants to do the Potion part only, with no arming/disarming. And UO's macro will disarm the shield but then says I must wait to perform another action... I had set a Delay step of 8, then 16, then 100... didn't work.

Thanks in advance for helpful responses.

Kiera
Kiera
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Tracy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:58 pm

Delays are in microseconds. Set the delay to 1000, that is one second

you can adjust up or down from there. Find the number that is the absolute fastest you can get it to work, then add about 150 to account for lag, so it doesn't fail on you when you need it to work.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Disarm/Potion/Rearm UO macro isn't working

Postby Kiera » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:40 am

Hi,

Here's what I have using UO's macro, not UOA (don't even have Pincos):

1) Disarm left hand
2) Delay 1150
3) Use Last Object (prior to doing macro with shield up I clicked on Potion to make it the last object, I even tried using an Invis Pot with shield down to prime it as Last Object)
4) Delay 1150
5) Arm/Disarm left hand (to rearm shield)

Steps 1 & 2 happen but then macro just stops. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Kiera
Kiera
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Tracy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:11 am

Been so long since I used the 2d client, I know that used to be a deficiency in the classic client, potions. You would need UO Assist for that macro I think.

In 3d you would just drag the item itself into the macro box...it's not a command, the target commands are if you have a targeting cursor, but you want to drink the pot, so you'd just drag the pot into the macro.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Return to Ask Dara