Pally 4/6 casting

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

Pally 4/6 casting

Postby AshOfCaine » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:34 pm

I am trying to get my pally to 4/6 casting, but without an orny I am having to make some tough decisions.

My template is parry & bushido, so can't use a shield. I am trying to get to 4/6 casting so I can dump healing altogether and rely on chiv and bushido for healing.

My current jewelry is
ring: FCR2 FC1 DCI 8 & Energy Resist 6
Bracelet: FCR3 FC1 DCI 13 & Physical Resist 4

If I equip a FC weapon that only gets me to 3/4 casting though. I know of the helm of swiftness to get the additional FC 1 FCR 2 and even have a human one but the resist are kind of weak.

So the question is, is there any other way to get 4/6 casting without an orny and using a better helm than the helm of swiftness? Or do I just have to make up the resist with the rest of the suit? The suit itself is going to need as much LMC and MR as it can get and still keep resist 60-70.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Melkezidac » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:57 am

inquisitor's resolution has 3fcr i believe
Melkezidac
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby AshOfCaine » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:49 am

From what i have read I need faster casting more than recovery. If i didn't have bushido i could get a faster casting shield, but if i am going to use a sheild i might as well get rid of parry.

Trying to find exact times and all to see if 3/4 casting is sufficient for getting clean by fire or close wounds off without being interrupted.

I could wear the helm, but also wanted to put rune beetle carapiece into the suit and since both are less than average resist wise, may make it hard to get to 60-70 resist across the board.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby DevilSpawn » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:50 pm

The only way is an Orny... anything else will totally screw your gear setup. Forget the helm of swiftness.

You don't have a choice but to go with the orny.

They are getting a lot cheaper and still drop in doom... I recommend going to doom, getting leet arties, selling the leet arties that you get, and buying an orny... or getting lucky and getting one...

The problem after you have an orny... if you want 4/6 on a bush/parry character, you want hit chance and maybe even defense chance... so you need it on your ring, weapon... and what? Leggings of bane or Spirit of the totem are the only options then... and if you have med, the leggings aren't an option... and if you do have med, that's 2 less mana regen you could have had... and 1/2 or 1/3 rings with HCI are extremely rare.

My dexer uses Orny, a 1/2 ring with HCI, and an FC shield... you could use FC weapons...

My archer uses orny, a 1/2 ring with HCI and I have FC on 2 outa 4 of my bows - I just change to a FC bow when I get in trouble.

You CAN heal with 3 FC and chiv, but it sucks compared to 4... 4 is nuts... its crazy fast... it owns newbs... its totally worth the orny required for it.

Anyway, the setup is possible, it's just really hard... I worked for it for a long long time.
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:09 pm

Thanks, I too had come to the conclusion that I need to pick a character and just have him live in Doom for a while. I have Bush Archer that I normally take that does fairly decent, but runs out of arrows or tithing. Arrows and bandages he scrounges, but the tithing is kind of difficult to live without especially in the fleshrenders room when I have to have consecrate weapon and EoO to even touch those buggers. The rest of the rooms can live without it for the most part. But was actually thinking of getting my spellweaver/mage or necro/mage geared up, just need a demon slayer book and move some armor around to build a decent 100% LRC 40% LMC suit.

Currently the jewelry my pally uses is 1/2 ring with DCI, I can always use Lightning strike for the HCI but need the DCI so I can let Mobs gather around while I holy light them. I have a couple weapons with FC 1 but haven't found anything really great as of yet that has other mods like DCI or good leeching.

I got a cursed Orny I could wear if I stay out of Fel and only go in Tram where i could get my body if need be. But i already lost a pair of cursed Midnight Bracers that way cause I forget about carrying a cursed item and i didn't make it in time to reclaim my body. But if i don't carry it, it just sits at the house and used for training different skills. Think i will toss it on and run around Tram, since my ring is just 1/2 with 10 DCI, with my FC1 weapon that is still 4/5 but i don't think recovery is as important.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby DevilSpawn » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:37 pm

Oh its a PvM character...

Hmm..

ICQ me about it

I have a bunch of questions about it.
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Return to Ask Dara