archer race

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

archer race

Postby Zoombi » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:22 pm

what'd be best? human or elf. wouild have archery, ninjustu and stealth
Azash - Mage
Valrik Dalziel - ?
Zoombi - Stealth Archer
Zakath Arabani - Dexxer
Mordeth - Mule - Alchemist / Blacksmith / Tailor / Poisoner
Slade Dalziel - Newbie Tamer
Mordeth Arabani - Miner

:twisted:
Zoombi
PAS Templar
PAS Templar

Postby AshOfCaine » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:22 am

In my humble opinion, that question has many factors, at least there are many factors I consider.

My ninja/stealth/fighter (he can stone between fencing and archery) was kind of forced to be an elf as i needed him to wear stitcher's mittens. I would have to look again at the true differences between the two races, but the 2 things I know i gave up are jack of all trades skill bonus and max weight i could carry. This character didn't need either, so being an elf for him was an easy choice.

I have a pally that needs the jack of all trades bonus, so he had to stay human. In this case, i notice how much i miss aspects of being an elf like permanent night sight and increased mana pool. But again, since he had to have the Jack of all trades, he had to remain human. (actually he was an elf and had to do the human quest).

In chars like my stealth/ninja that I give low int so they can have high dex and strength, i like the elf race for the larger mana pool.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby DevilSpawn » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:47 pm

This is quotes from another of my posts on the Hidden Tavern. Ninjitsu abilities don't have reduced mana cost from being human.

From UOstuff.com - Add up the skill points for Swords, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Parrying, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning, Bushido and Ninjitsu. If the total lies between 200 and 299, subtract 5 from the Mana Cost. If the total is 300 or more, subtract 10 from the Mana Cost.

Humans get 20 in each of those skills.. just by being human. If you're an elf and follow this template you have archery (120) and bushido (70). Your armor ignore is going to cost a lot of points. If you're human though, you get 20 in each of those +120 archery and 70 bushido, for a total of 350. Being elf gives you 20 more mana. Being human saves you 10 mana on every special you use. Being a human > being an elf for an armor ignore archer.
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:19 pm

Hey DevilSpawn, the template zoombi mentions has Archery, Stealth and Ninjitsu. As long as those 3 skills total 300, he would get the -10 mana cost even if he was elf. Even if couldn't get 120 scrolls, would take just 110 archery and ninjitsu and 80 stealth. So an elf would still save the 10 mana and have 20 more mana.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Zoombi » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:28 pm

thats what i was thinking too
Azash - Mage
Valrik Dalziel - ?
Zoombi - Stealth Archer
Zakath Arabani - Dexxer
Mordeth - Mule - Alchemist / Blacksmith / Tailor / Poisoner
Slade Dalziel - Newbie Tamer
Mordeth Arabani - Miner

:twisted:
Zoombi
PAS Templar
PAS Templar

Postby DevilSpawn » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:23 am

good call Ash
DevilSpawn
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Return to Ask Dara