Skill training/swapping soulstone questions

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

Skill training/swapping soulstone questions

Postby Horizon » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:19 pm

This is probably something that has already been discussed, but forgive me, I'm new again.

Is it possible to swap spell weaving at 86ish to a char that has not gone through the spellweaver quest to gain skill?

I have Ike who is an old character with maxed out skills (720), training SW, but has no focus or med.

I would like to swap SW to Ke'nny that has 100 med 100 focus to build SW faster. And swap out another skill of his to a stone to keep his total skill level below 400.

Is this possible?
Horizon
Healer
Healer

Postby Ciara » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:43 pm

I would think you need to have that quest to have spellweaving skill, and I would be afraid to trade the skill to another character who had not done it, just in case there was a bug with that.

Some of us need to do that quest. We could make a group and go there, with Ke'nny, if you wanted some help with the quest.

Did you ever get Ike's problem with the savage paint fixed?
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:34 pm

You can use soul stone to put spellweaving on another character, but you have to do the quest before you can cast.

As Ciara points out, it would probably be best to do the quest before attempting just to be safe.

I have taken a few people through the quest and don't mind helping anyone out. The only tough part is your character has to be able to kill exodus overseer and minions. For lower skill characters I just run around as bait and keep their attention on me while they kill the beasties. Just have to watch for those paragon buggers. :shock:
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Horizon » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:10 am

Yeah, he should be able to kill the minions if there is someone to peace them.

He has GM magery, so he can cast EVs
Horizon
Healer
Healer

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:25 am

i am pretty sure it will not let you transfer the skill unless the char has done the quest...I seem to remember having the same idea when I was working it and it gave some message about the char not being able to absorb the skill points for blah blah blah....
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby AshOfCaine » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:58 am

Yeah, he should be able to kill the minions if there is someone to peace them.

Well, Ash can't peace but as I said i make for good bait. :) So if need a hand with the quest and see me on just yell out.
AshOfCaine
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Orkk Medal of Humility (1)

Postby Horizon » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:27 pm

Thanks, I certainly will.
Horizon
Healer
Healer

Return to Ask Dara