Stealth archer question?

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

Stealth archer question?

Postby Lord Drakelord » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:49 pm

ok question for you hardcore PvPers

Focus 89.5 89.5
Anatomy 88.9 88.9
Archery 87.7 87.7
Tactics 87.6 87.6
Chivalry 82.2 69.2
Hiding 75.0 75.0
Healing 72.9 72.9
Magic Resistance 71.4 71.4

Str 110 110
Dex 65 65
Int 71 71

Template above currently on my pally, all bless armor, I can get some stealth skill from the bard [in doom right now, 61 points] and I have 64.1 in ninju on a fragment, now I know I'm not going to have the room for everything, what should I keep and what should I stone off?
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Prae » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:08 pm

You want a stealth archer from that template? Okay first thing you need to do is get rid of Focus, Chivalry, and Magic Resist.

Learn how to use trapped boxes as magic resist isn't going to help you much pvp wise.

Next drop your int down and raise your dex. Is your character human or elf? Cause it does make a difference.

Here this is the template I run.

Archery 120
Ninjitsu 120
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100
Hiding 100
Stealth 85
Healing 90

Unmodified stats:
Str 105
Dex 125
Int 25

Now Ninjitsu doesn't have to be 120 but thats where I had it back with ninjitsu was worth a crap and deathstrike did awesome damage with ranged weapons. Only thing 120 ninjitsu is good for now is getting into wolf form every time.

As for gear....you want to have 45 DCI easy and as much HCI as you possibly can. Popping out of the shadows to wiff or tink on someone is not the way to be stealthy by any means.

Stealth archers are still popular pvp templates but you have to know how to play them. There are 2 styles of stealth archers. There is the lone assassin type and there is the group ambush types.

Lone assassin types wait and choose their targets wisely. They let other people do the work and usually pop out at the last min for the kill shot. You remain hidden most of the time and usually just watch until the right moment.

The group ambush type usually requires you to be in ventrilo or in teamspeak with a group of people. 1 person calls the targets and you have a designated number of people who either dismount and those that armor ignore/concussion/mortal/para.....you get the point.

Then wheather you wish to have the character be red or blue takes alot of things into consideration as well. Play style changes a little depending on weather you are red or not. But thats a whole different discussion in itself.

-Prae
Prae
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Lord Drakelord » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:36 am

The Charactor is human, name is Drakelord II, only charactors that are elf/female on my account were those my daughter got ahold of, since then I have used name changes on them so people now know they mine once more. For some reason she [daughter] thinks elfs were cute, when as far as I can see they got the shaft with the all jack of trade skills going to human and elf getting higher mana and NS. My Tamer, blacksmith, fisher, and handy man remain human as well.

This char is not going to see any 120 PS either, I just do not have the gold for that, mainly I want a char that I can use for the KoH, caravan events and maybe live to see a kill once in a while. Also call me old school in one area, I hate PS [skill/stats], as far as I am concern they should have never brought PS to this game. So you can say I'm not the hardcore PvPer, I just want to have some fun on PAS events and maybe live to tell.

So with no Chiv, how do you travel to locations? Recall charges in rune books?
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Zoombi » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:58 pm

You should be able to fit some chivalry into your template if ya have some skill gear to use. Zoombi's gonna be something like :

Archery : 100+ish
Tactics : 100
Anatomy : 90 - 100
Healing : 81
Ninjitsu : 100-110
Hide : 100
Stealth : 100
Chivalry : Whatever's left
Azash - Mage
Valrik Dalziel - ?
Zoombi - Stealth Archer
Zakath Arabani - Dexxer
Mordeth - Mule - Alchemist / Blacksmith / Tailor / Poisoner
Slade Dalziel - Newbie Tamer
Mordeth Arabani - Miner

:twisted:
Zoombi
PAS Templar
PAS Templar

Postby Prae » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:28 pm

Not using PS is your choice and to be all honest in this template you don't really need to use any 120. However 115's are dirt cheap and I am sure people have them lying around.

If you choose to not use any PS at all then you need to run max HCI and possibly a bow with Hit Lower Defense. You could theoretically then have roughly about 40 points to sink into your Chiv if you so choose and with the right jewelry could bring that even higher.

As for recalling around.....yes I use chages off a 20 charge runebook. I rarely run out of charges as I usually refill them after a night of pvp but in most cases I don't use recalls to much as I can get just about anywhere I need to by running and using perma gates.
Prae
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Lara » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:18 pm

I agree with Prae for the most part, His temp is almost the same one im running on my stealther, with some modifications for special situations where ill sub another skill for anatomy. However I prefer chiv over bandages, which means no healing skill. Chiv is MUCH more flexable and extremely powerful at low skill points. At 75 I can replenish my stam, remove curses, do EEO for those pvp tamer pets, and even get another point or two of damage with a concencrate. That also reduces my dependance on items, which can be lost upon death. My stealther can go out all night long and survive many encounters with nothing more than my insured items, and really rock with a trapped box only. If things go sour on an assault I just run away and hide and attack again when healed up. Depends on if you want to be a stand and fight guy or not, I like to not die heh. I run with little or no DCI but max HCI. Its about hitting and doing damage, and they can just shoot at my running figure till I get far enough away to hide hehe. With the ol wolf form i got a 20 point cushion.

I would be a "lone assassin type" as Prae described it. Prae is an excellent stealth archer and he certainly knows what he is talking about. Im still pulling arrows out of my butt that came out of his bow! :P
Lara
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Prae » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:46 pm

I'm still removing a few arrows of yours out of mine as well.
Prae
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Return to Ask Dara