BOD Questions with KR

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

BOD Questions with KR

Postby Endrik » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:18 pm

Hey guys, I have seen some awesome tutorials from some people in our guild, and was wondering if I could get a little help with something. I would like to start doing some more BOD work, but I hate sitting there for hours clicking "make last item". I know KR is supposed to have some new features that make BODs a little easier to fill, but I have no idea what those features are or how to set them up. Is there a way to say.. "make 20 of this item", or is there now a way to say fill this BOD and save the mindless monotony doing it all one at a time? If any of you guys have some advice on the quickest way to fill BODs it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton.
Endrik
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Irwin Hunter » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:20 pm

The only leagal way to do this is to Record on UOA. If you want ten, you will hit the record and hit make last NINE times. You make an object once, then have the ten make last routine on a key. Make the oblject you want made once, then hit the key to do the routine for the coresponding amount. I think this will work, try it with a ten first. I have not done it this way for awhile. But the computer I had at this time had problems with waiting for a target. This issue was fixed though, I think. I will use UOA to do scrolls now. I am thinking that it should work the same for other skills
Irwin Hunter
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:48 am

I know that when you use a crafting tools in KR you can set it to repeat a certain amount of times...I believe up to 20...I will try to get on it tomorrow and get some screen shots for you...no promises tho...I have the memory and attention span of a hummingbird....LOL

Heck, I have had the screenshots I need to finish my travesty walkthrough for a week now but I keep forgetting to do it... :lol:
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby sean » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:35 pm

You want to do bods seriously or for fun?
sean
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby Endrik » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:08 pm

Well, I have probably a few thousand bods, and I would like to fill them and turn a bunch in and see what i can get, but when you think about making the items, filling the bods, and then the large bods... 3,000 BOD's can be around 90,000 clicks of the mouse.... and just thinking about that makes me want to quite UO, lol. So I would like to get some nice rewards, but im not willing to go through hell for em.
Endrik
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:48 pm

Ok, here is what I found....Yes you can tell the gump in KR to either create a certain amount of items or you can tell it to create as many as you have ingots for....Hope this helps...I did not find anything that would make combining the bods any easier though...

Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Endrik » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:00 pm

Thats GREAT!!! Thanks a ton... I hate KR but im thinkin i will install it just for this alone. Do you know if you have to wait while it makes each one individually, or if i say make 20, will 20 pop into my pack immediately?
Endrik
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:07 pm

I haven't tested it but I assume it's all at once.

It sounds like the reverse of the recycle bag. If you haven't invested in a recycle bag, go to the provisioner's shop and buy one for like 10k. Put your ingots or leather inside, make stuff for gains, remove the raw material, and tell your recycle bag to recycle all. In a matter of a second, all cloth items are cut into yards of cloth, leather items back into strips of leather, and metal items smelted into ingots. Anyone who hasn't done this and is working on any crafting skill seriously needs to.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Irwin Hunter » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:09 pm

The last time I tried to use that BOD option, it did not even work. So... It works now?
Irwin Hunter
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:44 pm

I will test it and find out

UPDATE: They do not all appear at once...they are crafted one at a time and even though it is automatic it takes about the same amount of time if not a little longer to create ten items using the KR crafting gump as it does to do it manually
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Irwin Hunter » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:56 am

Well, at least it will save me carpal tunnel 8)

Now I am wondering what else they fixed. Like the vendor dressing bug. I wonder if that one is fixed. and the pets. I am hoping they fixed the colors like they promised when they started this project.
Irwin Hunter
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Return to Ask Dara