Bod book item count in banks and homes

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

Bod book item count in banks and homes

Postby Kiera » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:19 am

Ok, after years of UOing, finally broke down and started Bowcraft/Carpentry/Lumberjacking until my eyes rolled back into their sockets. In looking at my char's bag on the paperdoll I kept noticing what seemed an inacurate item count versus the 125 limit. The only possibility was my 1 stone weight BOD book was taking up more than 1 item, sure enough tested this at the bank and found my 141 or so BODs in the book weighed approximately 28 stone. So my natural question is what exactly is the calculation of "item count" for BOD books in relation of course to our bank boxes and household storage limits?

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere. I tried the Stratics Scribe forum and couldn't find anything that seems to relate, that being the most logical search for me, even tried Blacksmithy and that didn't work either so I gave up. Figured someone else in the alliance would have this knowledge. Thanks!!
Kiera
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Tracy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:04 am

Should always be 1 stone, but for item count a bod book counts for one item for every five bods stored within.

So if you have nothing in your pack except a bod book full of bods, you can put up to 500 bods in it before you yourself can't hold anymore.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Kiera » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:35 am

Excellent, that is what I wanted to know. Now that you mention it, I have a vague recollection of the 5 BODS inside a BOD book equaling 1 stone in weight. I remember when these came out, for a few hours after server-up my Scribe made some extra money on these until the prices settled around 300gp which they still are today.

Now if only they would have a BOD book type thing for the hundreds of jewels I have! :lol:
Kiera
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Endrik » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:06 pm

Now that you mention it, I have a vague recollection of the 5 BODS inside a BOD book equaling 1 stone in weight.

The 5 to 1 ratio is only a item count ratio, and has absolutly NOTHING to do with weight. A BOD book with 1 bod will weigh the exact same as a BOD book with 500 BODs in it. The book with 500 BODs will take up 125 storage spaces, but they will both only weigh 1 Stone.
Endrik
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:47 pm

Malachai wrote:Should always be 1 stone, but for item count a bod book counts for one item for every five bods stored within.

I said that, just must have not been very concise.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Kiera » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:04 am

Oops, I meant to say vague recollection of 5 BODs inside the book counting as 1 item of storage. See what happens when you let your fingers type faster than your brain can think? Heh, heh.
Kiera
Apprentice
Apprentice

Return to Ask Dara