Stealing items?

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

Stealing items?

Postby wild flower » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:32 pm

I'm getting ready to work on a thief that I have wanted for many years. I'm looking for a list of everything that can be stolen and where to get them from if anyone has a link or list or anything I could copy.

Also someone gave me a template to try and for the life of me I can't find the post or my piece of paper that I wrote on. Some template help too please.
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Re: Stealing items?

Postby Lord Drakelord » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:38 am

wild flower wrote:I'm getting ready to work on a thief that I have wanted for many years. I'm looking for a list of everything that can be stolen and where to get them from if anyone has a link or list or anything I could copy.

Also someone gave me a template to try and for the life of me I can't find the post or my piece of paper that I wrote on. Some template help too please.

With the Shadow dancer leggings and the burglar's bandana you can do a decent thief and not have to take skills all the way. Wearing Jewerly as well will also help get those skills to where you need them.

Stealing 120.0 80.0
Stealth 107.0 60.0
Hiding 100.0 100.0
Lockpicking 100.0 100.0
Magery 100.0 100.0
Meditation 100.0 100.0
Wrestling 100.0 100.0

Str 113 113
Dex 35 35
Int 116 116

If you going to be a crate thief as well as a Doom thief you will need lock picking for the city crates and chests. GM magery will open the single crates/kegs you fine using the unlock spell, but the chests and larger crates found in town will require LP skill.

If you notice the above you will see no swooping on the template, not require unless you going to be a people thief, also you have to be a member of the thief guilds to steal from players in game anyway.

There was a zip posted showing all the Tokuno and Doom stuff, as for other things in Trammel and Felucca, best to explore as ever shard is a bit different in where some items will spawn. I do know that in Moonglow you will fine dry flowers and herbs in the crates. There is the pumpkin in Ser's Hold. Also you can fine the wire in the blacksmith shop there.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Thanks

Postby wild flower » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:25 am

Drakelord your my hero. Thank you so much for the info again - I sure appreciate it.

I do have those maps downloaded on my regular computer so I will get those printed out. As soon as I get my thief up to par. Maybe you can walk me through the spots so I don't get lost. That will take lots of time tho as I'm a slow skill gainer - hehe.

I'm not going to be a person thief, I'm just gonna be a item thief as I"m greedy and just want the fat loot with out the dieing and bad rep. So I guess I won't put the sWooping on my character. HEHE

Thanks again
WF
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Lissa » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:07 pm

I also know that katana has built a few thieves in his time :-P If you hook up with him, he could give you some tips and pointers as well. I'd help, but all I know how to do is craft and legendary die. :-) Good luck with the thief!!
Lissa
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby wild flower » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:39 pm

ty :D
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Return to Ask Dara