Fflam has 50 skill points to play with, Spellweaving?

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

Fflam has 50 skill points to play with, Spellweaving?

Postby Karn » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:38 pm

Fflam is like this:
Human
120 Music
120 Peace
120 Magery
110 Provo (+10 for 120)
110 Discord (+10 for 120)
90 Magic Resist
50 Med

My 100% LRC suit is about this 60/53/53/70/53. Not bad, not great. Kinda short on mana Regen, only 12 I think, but max LMC.

My question is? Is 50 Spellweaving worth it? I know I can't cast all the spells but I think some would be nice, mainly was looking at Reaper form and Ethereal voyage.

Or am I better off with 50 MR?
Karn
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1)

Postby Tracy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:05 pm

might try dropping resist completely, dropping med to 40 and gm'ing eval.

That'll give your spells some extra oomph.

if you get para'd, you can move again the next time you take damage. If you don't mind getting hit now and then, then you're good. If you don't wanna get hit by whatever you're fighting (balron, ancient wyrm, reptalon, etc), carry a trapped pouch.

But keeping your target peaced will usually keep them from casting on you anyway. You have a lot of defense on that template, I'd add a bit of offense if I had that template to work with.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Karn » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:22 pm

I dropped eval, don't plan to take it back up. With the bard skills and Evs I'm okay with that, thats a lotta firepower. And 90 resist is a sweet spot. Getting paraed right after you peace by a bally is instant death, so having higher resist does help a lot.

I guess what I'm asking is 50 med to cast more evs better or the few spells I can get from spell weaving?
Karn
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:04 pm

Depends. Does what you normally fight eat your ev's so fast you have to keep casting them?

If you find yourself out of mana routinely because you can't keep that para balron peaced or disco'd, and he eats your EV's like halloween candy, then yeah extra mana may mean the difference between death and delayed death. 8)
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Karn » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:43 pm

Hehe, delayed death. I like that term.
Karn
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Return to Ask Dara