New +5 stat cap?

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

New +5 stat cap?

Postby Karn » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:03 am

Went through my main charecters. Some got the +5 gump this time, some didn't.

I thought I had used a +25 on Karn, he didn't get the gump, but he is still at 250?

So, no matter what any charecter who ate a +25 should be at 255 now?

Or are some still stuck at 250? All my charecters are plenty plenty old etc.....

Confused, ohh brainy ones, please enlighten this poor soul.
Karn
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1)

Postby Rex » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:24 am

I got the +5 as well. Not sure why!
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Karn » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:28 am

Supposedly, anyone who is older than 6 months and did NOT use the +5 stat gump when AOS came out will get it now. Puts us all on a level playing field, good for everyone.

Looks like I need to buy a +25 and test it on a few charecters, anyone have a +25 stat for sale?
Karn
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1)

Postby Tracy » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:38 am

Well I have one you can try to use, if it won't let you then I'd like it back :P

Actually I think I might have used that one, I'll have to check when I get home to see.

One possible explanation is if that char was around when the stat cap increase first came out, and you picked a +5 to a skill instead of to your stat cap, then it may regard that as the same thing.

If I remember correctly, when those first came out (with the release of LBR), they gave either a +5 to your stat cap, or they raised the cap of any skill by +5.

Since powerscrolls had just come out, most people decided to forego using the skill increase and instead just went for the stat cap. I do know of a couple of 110 miners (who wear the +5 gloves with a 105 cap due to the LBR thing).

And if this char has a 250 and you have to use another 25 to get to 255, then I'll let you use mine. If it doesn't work though, you'll have to give it back lol.

If it does, we'll discuss price and such, but I got it some time ago for 3 mil, if I can get that plus a little inflation out of it it's yours for use on Karn...

--Edit--
Nope, must've used it...it's gone :(
sorry for getting your hopes up like that.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby xare » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:16 pm

Was AoS.

Just mentioning it.

As far as to why some of your characters got it, and some didn't, no clue. Try paging a GM?
xare
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Tracy » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:34 pm

Hmmm...coulda sworn I got my stat caps as I was wandering the new lands of ilsh...
but I guess I'm wrong... :(
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby crimson » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:13 pm

I know I got one just recently. I went and looked at my acount and signed up for that UO rewards program and it gave me a +5 stat bump for my chars I havn't checked all of them yet.
Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with Ketchup!
crimson
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Darsus » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:52 pm

if u ate a +25 stat scroll, you would have 255 as stat cap counting the +5 thing of course
Darsus
PAS Crusader
PAS Crusader

Return to Ask Dara