Ninja Template - Help please.

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

Ninja Template - Help please.

Postby Valkyrie » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:24 pm

I want a ninja. I had asked for help with the template before on the old board but everyone's helpful suggestions disappeared when this new board came along.

I have 720 skill points to work with. She'll be a Fel girl, most likely in PAE. I'm thinking her sole purpose in life will be to kill IAS. I can get whatever powerscrolls I need, 120s are not a problem.

Suggestions would be welcome and appreciated. Thanx. :)
Valkyrie
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Ghost » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:50 pm

hmm mind hooking me with that magical 120 pot 8)
Ghost
PAS WebMaster
PAS WebMaster

Medals: 2
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1)
Discord ID#: Ghost_TTT#7498

Postby Valkyrie » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:08 am

*Thwacks Ghost*

That didn't look like template help to me, my friend ... and the "magical 120 pot" is called Luna. :)

And it's ALL YOUR FAULT I hafta post this again too Ghost! You removed all the helpful posts I was referring to when I had template issues.
*Thwacks Ghost again*

C'mon folks, surely SOME of yas play ninjas! Help me out here LOL
Valkyrie
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby xare » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:16 am

120 fencing
80 poisoning
80 stealth
100 hiding
110 ninja
90 healing
90 anatomy
50 tactics

Just throwing some numbers around. Could drop the poisoning for higher tactics/anat/healing if you choose.

Any other opinions?
xare
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Sir William » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:55 am

I'm no uber PvPer but I tried some stuff out on the test shard the other day and it work very well:
120 Fencing
120 Healing
120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
120 Parry
80 poisoning
40 Chiv. (I didn't even use it hence worthless)

Now if you want to go with nijitsu I have 2 suggestions:

If your playing stlye is hit quick and kill quick:
120 Fencing
120 Tactics
100 Nijitsu
100 hiding
80 stealth
80 Poisoning
60 Anatomy
60 Healing
"Hit em hard, deadly poison them, use a smoke bomb, hide and stealth away"...of course if you find some rings and arties with skill points on them then increase your anatomy and healing.

2nd choice. You hate to run away and want to be a tank
120 Fencing
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
100 Nijitsu
100 Hiding
80 Poisoning
80 Stealth
"Simple stand there and hit the $h!t out of em."...and of course if you find some rings and arties with skills on them pick up tactics and you will kill them faster or if you find you are still dieing with 120 healing then pick up some parry with the extra skill points.

Just remember to use death strike so that they don't run away. :twisted: Deathstrike comboed with deadly poison.....hmmmm I don't think very many people would live thru that..........also smoke bombs are your friend they make it so you can hide and stealth away.

This is what I have to offer....I have not tried it on sonoma yet due to the lack of power scrolls but I must say I was unstopable on the test shard :twisted: I have 4 power scrolls to buy before I make this template.
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Sir William » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:59 am

Valkyrie wrote:*Thwacks Ghost*

That didn't look like template help to me, my friend ... and the "magical 120 pot" is called Luna. :)

And it's ALL YOUR FAULT I hafta post this again too Ghost! You removed all the helpful posts I was referring to when I had template issues.
*Thwacks Ghost again*

C'mon folks, surely SOME of yas play ninjas! Help me out here LOL

I almost forgot be nice to ghost if it was not for him you would not have a website to post this question on
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:08 am

Hey will
how about on your 2nd template, drop healing to 90, use enhanced aids (will work as gm healing), drop anat to gm and that'll give you 50 points to put wherever (tactics or meditation or whatever you see fit).

There is little difference between gm an 120 anat. Seriously. Maybe you heal 1 hp more when you use a bandage, not really worth the scroll or the effort of raising the skill that high.

And higher healing than GM just means you have a better chance of ressing someone on the first try. It has nothing to do with how much you heal. Best way to get around going to 120 healing? Use more than one bandage when you try to res someone. It won't affect your fights at all. So why waste the points?

Jr has eaten scrolls for 120 healing, anat, tactics, resist, parry, and swords, and has at one time or another had each of these skills at 120. He still has all those skills in his template, although only three of them are still at 120. Tactics and anat I dropped to GM and healing I dropped to 90. Anything more than that is just a giant waste of skill points in my opinion.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Sir William » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:24 am

Well if that is the case with healing then they could be used to bring poisoning up so you have a better chance at DPing someone.

But with the 120 anatomy I will have to try it out...1hp could be the difference between winning and loseing a battle......

but like I said I'm no uber PvPer I have a problem with lack of funds to make my PvPer
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Rex » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:57 am

Sir William wrote:I'm no uber PvPer

You got that right :P :lol:

jk man :wink:
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Sir William » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:26 pm

Rex.....ya know one of these days I'm gonna figure out how to hack UO and when that happens I'm going to take my 007 character from my N64 and kick your @$$.

:smt067 :smt067 :smt067 :smt067

*Picks up chared hand of former Rex and takes orny*

Untill then I'm going to sit here quitely filling my BODs mumbling to myself. :P (if he makes me move my desk one more time I'm, I'm, I'm gonna set the building on fire)

JK :lol:
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Rex » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Sir William wrote:Rex.....ya know one of these days I'm gonna figure out how to hack UO and when that happens I'm going to take my 007 character from my N64 and kick your @$$.

OHHH OHHH DID YA GUYS READ THAT? WILLIAM IS GOING TO TRY AND HACK ME...SIR WILLIAM, TEMPLAR OF PAS.

I'M PAGING A GM RIGHT NOW, YOUR GOOOOOOOOOOONE BUDDY.

:lol:
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Sir William » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:05 pm

fine I'll just do it the old fashion way...*gives 1mil to each of the 5 hit men standing behind him*...call my uncle. :shock:

:lol: I think we should stop...this post was supposed to be about a nijitsu template :P
Sir William
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:49 pm

Sir William wrote:Well if that is the case with healing then they could be used to bring poisoning up so you have a better chance at DPing someone.

How about...umm...no.

Poisoning reaches its maximum effectiveness (for striking) when your weapon skill (fencing in this case) added to your poisoning = 200.

120 + 80 = 200.

So the only thing you'd gain from taking poisoning above 80 (if you aren't a mage) is carpal tunnel.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Valkyrie » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:09 am

Let's start with being nice to Ghost ... Ghost knows I luvs his face. He betta know it anyhow or I'll thwack him again for good measure! I've known him for years and he's one of my favorite people on UO. =)
WE can thwack him but heaven help any non PAS who try it!!! *Grins*

And I appreciate the effort he puts in on this board even if I've never said so. :)

Oh yea and remember, this ninja's sole purpose in life will be to kill IAS. So since Ghost's an IAS, Elizabethe (ninja's name) will definitely be mean to him as often as she can. =)

Ok next subject ... ninja. :)

I remember reading on the old board something about ninja archers being good. Is that still a viable option and what would the best template for that be?

And some questions about the proposed templates:

Why only take stealth to 80? Wouldn't it be more effective if it was higher?

Why have anatomy high and tactics low? I thought tactics determined damage more than anatomy?

Is there any benefit to 120 ninjitsu? I noticed nobody even suggested that.

Would chiv work instead of healing/anat to save points?

Thanks to all of yas for suggestions, any more input?
Valkyrie
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby kyra » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:03 am

Malachai wrote:Poisoning reaches its maximum effectiveness ....
120 + 80 = 200.

So the only thing you'd gain from taking poisoning above 80 (if you aren't a mage) is carpal tunnel.

So if you're a 120 fencer there's no gain to go above 80 poisoning. I understood it followed the same formula for a mage. If a character is a 120 mage, what's the gain for taking poisoning above 80 ?
kyra

Next

Return to Ask Dara