Ninja Template - Help please.

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

Postby Mystique » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:00 am

Cool, Im on the right Track then. Yahoo. Dismount sounds very interesting yes sir it does, as long as it is someone else.
*Hugs & Smiles*

Yesterday is History; Tomorrow a Mystery; Today a Gift
Mystique
In Memory
In Memory

Postby Valkyrie » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:33 am

Any suggestions on what a good ninja archer template might be?
Valkyrie
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby xare » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:18 am

120 Archery
100 Hiding
110 Ninja
80 Stealth
90 Healing
90 Anatomy
70 Chiv
30-50 Tactics

Main idea is to dismount em so other can butcher em. Don't really need to hit hard. Get as much HCI as you can. Chiv and healing are optional, just a way to survive if you get into a pickle.
xare
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 3
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Dralagon » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:01 pm

I have a ninja/archer right now, and I can tell you she's not the greatest thing on two legs but she can hit hard. I have hidden and stealthed in on reds who raided PAS during the CS in Fel at the bog, and let me tell you the look of shock they get when I dismounted them and then hit them a minute later with death strike was well worth the dirt nap I took soon after. They stumble around looking disoriented, and then when the second strike comes in they are running for their lives. It's usually their back-up that takes me down when I go after the initial target. It's just an idea if you wanted a stealth/archer to play with. Here is Sable's skill list.

110 Archery
90.3 Hiding (120)
87.3 Stealth (115)
86.5 Ninjitsu (120)
88.4 Resist
83.1 Tactics.

Just an idea of a different type of template Valk. :)

p.s. I use a Talisman of the Fey: Cu Sidhe form to heal with. As long as I have bandies on me I can go into animal form, select Cu Sidhe form, and the wait the 5 seconds for the bandies to keep healing me. The only drawback is you can't use the special abilities or the primary/secondary attacks while in the form. What I do is hide, let the bandies do their work, and then click the animal form again to switch back to human form. I only stay in Cu Sidhe form if the spawn is thick, and I need to keep myself healing up through it. :)
Dralagon
PAS Crusader
PAS Crusader

Postby WiLdMaN » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:00 pm

Ninja is more useful at 120, m8s. Anything under is completely unreliable for deathstrikes, imo. (like anything else it fails when you most need it.)

Ki
WiLdMaN
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 3
Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) LEAPARD Medal of Justice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Dralagon » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:56 am

I agree Ki. I only hit a death strike 1 out of 10 times, or if I get really lucky 3 out of 10. Since the ability of death strike is having a ninjitsu skill of 85 or higher to use it then I have to agree with you, and say getting a 120 ps for ninjitsu is very beneficial,
Dralagon
PAS Crusader
PAS Crusader

Postby Darsus » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:17 pm

well, u could drop ur archery to 100 and wear a hunters headdress that way u have more skill points to put into ninjitsu or what ever skill u see u need higher...

and u only need 80 stealth, if u are gonna be using leather armor so there is no use in going past 80 if u gonna wear leather armor......

this may look like a weird template but here is my template......
100 archery(120 with HH)
100 anatomy
90 healing
120 ninjitsu
100 hiding
75 stealth
60 chivalry
65 tactics(might make it 60 meditation)
Darsus
PAS Crusader
PAS Crusader

Postby Dralagon » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:03 pm

Actually Darsus that's not a weird template at all. Whatever works for you is the right choice, but I use the old rule of thumb when doing templates, "Whatever works for one person might not work for another." That's why those templates are so darn fun :roll: because you have to mix and match skills to meet your own strengths and weaknesses.
Dralagon
PAS Crusader
PAS Crusader

Previous

Return to Ask Dara