New Large Blackrock Price?

Ask Dara questions about UO. Whether its IDing a rare, or how something works, or doesnt work, ask Dara! He knows EVERYTHING (Almost)!

Moderator: xare

New Large Blackrock Price?

Postby Angelina de Vega » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:19 am

How much do the new large blackrock pieces sell for? As far as I can tell they come in different weights and looks like 4 different shapes. Smalls are around 3 stones weight and larger ones are around 25 stones weight.
Angelina de Vega
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby Rex » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:51 am

It's hard to say what they are going for since they just started spawning at server up yesterday, right?
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby wild flower » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:27 pm

Is this like an event kind of thing and will only happen for a while or is it a new part of the game that will be around for awhile
:?:
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Angelina de Vega » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:18 am

I'm guessing it's just a temporary thing since it has to do with the Inu plot because of how she keeps saying to find all the blackrock and be rid of it. They talk about mining it in this UO U.Hall thread. Origin started it yesterday I think it was and this morning was for the rest of the shards.
Angelina de Vega
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby wild flower » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:11 pm

Ok so from that info it looks like you kill the elementals to get the blackrock pieces and it's not from mining. And the elementals are spawning on their own. So why is everyone mining like crazy :?:
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Angelina de Vega » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:00 am

I don't think many people have actually killed those blackrock elementals so i don't know what their loot is. But the place that I mine is in the T2A desert near the ophidians fortress, it has 4 pillar type mountains and at the top of those are blackrock crystals. There's red spawn around though aside from the usual orcs, wyverns, etc. You'll get the messege that says something like "You can't find any blackrock here" but keep digging in the same spot and you'll get some eventually. For me it seems to be about one large blackrock piece for every 100 use shovel. It's a different size of blackrock than the kind you mine in malas, trammel, etc because those are small dot like piece, these large ones look around the size of arielle's bauble or half of an obsidian statue put together.
Angelina de Vega
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby wild flower » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:24 pm

Dhrall got to mine some up last night while I kept him invised and others were trying to kill the new spawn. To me the pieces look like black hams. Definately keep mining because it looks like once you find the spot it never runs out, although it takes a bit to get one. :P
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby Kat_Coral » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:11 pm

I was able to get couple pieces digging in the sand near the blackrock.

As for price, Luna vendors are selling for outrages prices. Just glad I got the two I got. As for digging it up, its a matter or real life luck, Sir Scott has been able to get several pieces enough to try several things with it and post at the sonoma forum
ImageImage
Kat_Coral
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Angelina de Vega » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:44 am

Yeah some of them do look like hams lol. I'll have to check out Luna though, don't go there to much to shop unless I have to. See what the price is and maybe cut that in half or third it even depending on how much people are charging for it.
Angelina de Vega
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby Sagan » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:48 am

Luna Prices for large black rock are running between 1 and 2 mil.
Sagan
Grand Admiral of the People's Navy
Grand Admiral of the People's Navy

Postby Kat_Coral » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:07 pm

saw a place in Malas selling them for 250k each, vendor place near the Malas Inn. Did not buy any as I was able to dig up a couple for display so I am happy.
ImageImage
Kat_Coral
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby spode » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:44 am

i'll trade 1:1 for kisses or T marties
I used to be a dog, but I then got better.
Not a better dog, I'm still a horrible dog.
spode
Apprentice
Apprentice

Return to Ask Dara