Monster Scavenger Hunt

Have an idea for a new event or an old one you'd like to see revived, but can't ever remember to bring it up at the guild meetings? Then post it here!

Monster Scavenger Hunt

Postby Tracy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:43 am

So the event idea is as follows:

PAS breaks down into groups of 5 or 6 (maybe 2 groups, maybe 3) and each group is given a list of monsters.

Each monster is assigned a different amount of points, and a wide variety of monsters will be added to the list, from easy to hard. While a paragon balron may be worth 15 points, a mongbat will be worth 1, and an imp will be worth 2, etc.

The groups go their separate ways and are given two hours to complete their list as much as possible.

After two hours we meet up and screen captures are posted. In order for a kill to count for points, all members of the team must be present in the pic, so you can't send one guy to get a mongbat, one to get an imp, one to get a corpser, and one to get a bogling.

I think this could be a fun event, maybe it needs a little bit of tweaking, but it could be really fun nonetheless.

And yes, there is always a chance of PvP being involved, I intend on throwing a "tentacles of the harrower" on the list...
While you don't have to go kill the tentacles in order to win, they will be worth 20 points due to the fact they are in khaldun.

If you encounter and kill reds along the way, get screen captures of that as well...that's 10 more points per red.

This event hopefully has a lot of potentual. Any ideas?

The idea here is to encourage squad teamwork in PvM. And if you go to khaldun and get some PvP too, well, teamwork is always a good idea.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Irwin Hunter » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:01 am

Send a non-biased observer on each team to document the kills. Pictures seems a tad clumsy.

Sounds like a cool idea also.. Can throw in facet dependent kills also.
Irwin Hunter
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby wild flower » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:20 pm

Sounds like fun but I agree with Irwin - a proxy person to keep track would be easier because not everyon is good at the screen shot thing.
wild flower
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Tracy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:43 pm

Okay, so get someone to keep score...

Any other ideas?

My recommended list is as follows:

points - monster

1 - rat
1 - mongbat
2 - lizardman
3 - corpser
3 - ettin
4 - troll
4 - earth ele
5 - air ele
5 - fire ele
5 - imp
6 - ice ele
6 - snow ele
7 - frost troll
7 - wyvern
8 - drake
8 - daemon
10 - dragon
12 - lich lord
14 - succubus
15 - balron
18 - lurg
20 - paragon succubus
21 - ancient wyrm
22 - tentacles of the harrower
25 - paragon balron (worth so much because of how many balrons you'll have to kill to get a para to spawn)
232 total possible

I would need some time to look over the list and see if there were some I should adjust points for or add or take away from the list, but I think it could make for a fun PvM event. Any other ideas/suggestions?
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Rex » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:44 pm

Shadow Wyrms are another you can add?
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Postby Tracy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:03 pm

I was gonna try to make the list different each time (if we did this event more than once).

So I'd rather not throw EVERYTHING in there...
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby Rex » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:24 pm

Malachai wrote:I was gonna try to make the list different each time (if we did this event more than once).

So I'd rather not throw EVERYTHING in there...

Oh, OK. You asked for suggestions so I gave mine. :P
Rex
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Return to Event Ideas