I have returned!

A place for role played stories and other creative writings

I have returned!

Postby King Henry » Wed May 09, 2007 11:00 pm

I doubt any of you will know me. I was betrayed by my court magician when I was at my weakest and sent into another realm before most of you were probably even born. I have only recently found my way home to Sonoma.

My name is King Henry and I am the king of the island nation of Jhelom. I have returned to find that the man who usurped my throne and sent me into exile, my own poor dead wife's third cousin Prince Alexander has defied death and time and still lives and has control of my kingdom. It is a wonder to me that he still lives since I have found that I was gone for well over 100 years. At least if I believe the ramblings of an old woman. I cannot believe so much time has past since it only took me six years in that other realm to find my way home.

Alas, I return to find my kingdom has suffered and my people are enslaved and forced to fight in the pits for a barbarian's entertainment.

I would call on all men of Honor and Valor to join me in my quest to regain my throne. I call all brave Paladins to help me right this grave injustice!

I call upon the Mighty King David and his warriors to help me take back what is rightfully mine and avenge the death of my beautiful wife!

In return for King David's support I shall pledge fealty to him as the High King and pay a fitting tribute of goods from my farms and men from my armies to bolster his own warband!

I ask you, King David to name a time and place that we may meet to discuss this. I would like the opportunity for you to meet me face to face and judge what manner of man I am!

I await your response eagerly and hope that we may become friends. I can be reached by messenger in the town of New Haven.

King Henry of Jhelom
King Henry
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby King Henry » Thu May 17, 2007 12:52 am

I can't believe it! I have heard the stories but the sight of it is almost more than I can bare! My poor, poor subjects! How can he do this to you?

I shall defeat Prince Alexander and regain my kingdom. I swear by my Honor and promise to release you from his tyranny. I shall not rest until my wife, your Queen is avenged and he pays for each and every wrong he has perpetrated upon you!

Is that Alexander I see? Yes, it is! Look at him! He doesn't even notice the people as he rides through the town. His horse's hooves cast mud upon my people as he gallops well fed and clean through the crowd. He cannot even see the hatred in their eyes. All he sees is the fear and he mistakes that for respect. What a fool he is!

I must hide before he reaches me. He must not see me. I am not ready yet. I have not found nearly enough men to help me. Joseph is a stout knight but even with him at my side I cannot defeat Alexander.

I hope that Captain Finnigan has not left the harbor yet. I must sneak back aboard to reach the mainland. I have to continue looking for men brave enough and honorable enough to join me. There must be more than one man of Honor in all of the land. I must be looking in the wrong places. Ah, the Dawn Witch has not sailed.
King Henry
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby King Henry » Thu May 31, 2007 10:11 pm

Too often men are quick to condemn another man for misdeeds. Yet we often do not recognize and praise the good things he has done!

I had the great fortune to meet a man of Honor today and I wish to make his actions known.

First, I shall begin by explaining the events leading up to our meeting. I had decided that I needed to work more on my parrying ability. Alas, my meager skills were leaving much to be desired so I dressed as a common man and snuck aboard another ship bound for my kingdom. Once I arrived there I made my way carefully to the gladiator pits, which are widely known as the best place to work your skill at parry.

Once there I proceeded to provoke the mighty warriors to attack me as I did my best to block their blows. During a break in the battle, because I must admit that even as mighty a warrior as myself gets tired, a man by the name of Martin from the guild NoM approached and asked if I knew anyone willing to help him get some warriors into the pists for him to fight. Seeing as how I had already engaged all of the available warriors I felt it would be discourteous to tell him "No, sorry I can't help you". So I enlisted the help of my noble friend Lucas Wolfe and asked him if he could help the fellow out.

In return Martin of NoM offered a 115 parry powerscroll. A truly wonderous gift. I had heard of them but alas, I had never laid eyes on one. But, being the man of Honor I am I could not accept such a wondrous thing for so little work so I informed him it would not be necessary.

Lucas set to work and rounded up many fine warrors who were willing to test their meddle against Martin. After a long and drawn out battle with neither side gaining a clear advantage, Martin decided his skills were honed enough and said his goodbyes.

I wished him well and fully expected to never see him again. But 'lo and behold, Martin returned! And he brought with him the scroll of power! I never expected him to actually keep his word! I have seen so few men of Honor and Truth in these dark times that I guess I have become as jaded as the lowest of men. So imagine my surprise and delight when he bestowed upon me that wonderous scroll! I tried to refuse but he would not take "no" for an answer. So I accepted with great gratitude and promised to tell all I meet of his good deed and that I find him to be a man of Honor in his dealings with me.

So I just wanted to let all who hear my words no what manner of man Martin has so far shown himself to be!

Till we meet again,
King Henry
King of Jhelom
Leader of the Knights of Jhelom
King Henry
Wanderer
Wanderer

Return to Role Players