Ravenous

A place for role played stories and other creative writings

Ravenous

Postby kaylor » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:17 pm

Kaylor lay the black robe aside and leaned his back to the wall, closing his eyes against the world. A deep sigh escaped him, borne of the knowledge that it wasn't really the world from which he sought refuge but the evil within from which he knew there existed no haven and, regardless of how many times he allowed it free reign, satiation could never be realized. His Templar vows permitted him respite, their encompassing serenity serving as shelter from the unrelenting storm, yet the darkness embedded in the depths of his soul remained forever ravenous.

... to be continued

kaylor
Healer
Healer

Postby kaylor » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:50 pm

"Quizás esto le traerá la paz que busca, hermano." (Perhaps this will bring you the peace you seek, brother.)

Kaylor opened his eyes, feigning a scowl at the apparition's sudden intrusion. "Can a man not enjoy a moment of self-pity in peace, gypsy?"

Ancyous' laughter danced lightly over his brother's discordance. "Your moments tend to last hours that become days without intervention." He winked, releasing the robe he held with a light toss in Kaylor's direction. "Better to be seen wearing that than expose your depraved soul to those unaware of its existance."

"Cállate, campesino!" (Shut-up, peasant!) Kaylor retorted playfully as he slipped the crude burlap vestment over his head and, grabbing a rope belt from the dressing table, tied it securely in place at his waist.

"My brother the monk ... ey."

"Careful lest this monk ... ey entreats his heavenly Father to send a certain ghost's ship to the briney depths!"

A mischievous grin lit its way across Ancyous' lips. "And risk loss of promotion through such grievous behavior?"

"Promotion? Of what do you speak?"

"I have it on best authority that Lord Tholl and the Elders of PAS have considered you worthy of elevation to Squire with ceremony to commend it so."

Kaylor lowered his head, his voice barely above a whisper in reply. "I am but a simple priest, Ancyous. And, as you said, these people know not of my time spent apprenticed to evil, know not of its maelstrom yet lingering and my constant battle within it."

Ancyous walked over to Kaylor and rested a reassuring hand firmly upon his shoulder. "You do well with your humility, Kay - a virtue well chosen and well cleaved to. It serves you far better than your mace ever has. Buenos noches, mijito."

Ancyous vanished as suddenly as he'd appeared. Kaylor reverently took his rosary into his hand and stepped out into the night.
kaylor
Healer
Healer

Return to Role Players