In Service

A place for role played stories and other creative writings

In Service

Postby kaylor » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Rumors abound in Sonoma. One has reached me that the young Kaylor McKairin seeks an apprenticeship within PAS, specifically to my service. While I will promise you nothing more than high expectations your desire is appreciated and I send this sword as acknowledgement of accepting your offer. Days are long in PAS service, but the rewards of service to the people can fill your heart to bursting. If you are ready to take up this mantle you shall keep this sword so that all will know I sanction your service. If you are not ready for the sacrifices called for, you may return the sword with my messenger Tuatha. CHALNOTH, PAS GM

A smile, softly borne and unpretentious, stole upon his lips as Kaylor lay the scrolled parchment aside and took the gifted weapon once more into hand. The hilt was virgin leather, soft and black, conforming to his grip as though enchanted with this singular intent. Forged of fire, the obsidian blade was perfectly balanced and tapered to thrust as well as slash. When he turned it sideways the edges glimmered, piercing the nocturnal shade with silvered waves of molten moonlight.

When first sent to squire long years ago, he'd dreamed of doing great deeds as small boys often do. So much had passed since that self-seeking time, so much discovery that greatness of deed often bore accomplishment by way of the smallest and glory meant little without blessed grace.

He lowered his head, studying the words Lord Tholl had inscribed upon the sword . . .

Squire Kaylor, In service to Chalnoth.

"Indeed, MiLord," he whispered. "With gratitude and honour."
kaylor
Healer
Healer

Return to Role Players