Rain of Blood

A place for role played stories and other creative writings

Rain of Blood

Postby kaylor » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:59 pm

"¿Fue esta realmente necesario?" (Was this really necessary?) Ancyous finished his ministrations, taking a step back to inspect the integrity of the freshly replaced stitches. "These things take time to heal," he chided, shaking his head as he reached for the bandages on the bedside table. "Or has it not been long enough since you last let down your guard?"

Kaylor winced, the gypsy's words as painful as they were true, searing in significance far deeper than expressed. The guard to which Ancyous referred had nothing to do with the fight that had resulted in the re-opening of his wound, but rather to his loss of control over the usurping anathema. "Justice," he smirked.

"¿Qué? What has justice to do with acquiescence?"

A sigh escaped tightened lips as Kaylor stood, testing his stamina against the laceration's lingering discomfort. "I was attending a discipline relative to its attainment. Savagery awakened, growing increasingly ravenous as the night wore on until appetite consumed will, forcing me to seek suitable outlet."

"And so you challenged."

"Aye, but the daemon was unforseen, I . . . " Kaylor halted, distracted by a sudden presence slinking in the shadows just beyond the window.

A flaming arrow blazed through the glass, shattered shards forming a name in fiery tendrils upon the air before disappearing in a rain of blood -

C H A L N O T H
kaylor
Healer
Healer

Return to Role Players