Chapter Two, Episode One

A place for role played stories and other creative writings

Chapter Two, Episode One

Postby Vin Decatur » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Wherein We Meet Sir Arthur Fax

Long ago (September 2007) Maddwg rambled on and on, ad nauseum (Episode Fifty-Eight), about failing to find this so-called 'Arty Fax' that hangs out with the Dark Fathers.
That night, Maddwg had met up with PAS and headed to Doom. Most people were hoping for an artifact while Maddwg was just enjoying
the company and looking for uniques ways to die. His tale ended with nothing new in his back pack, thus his failure to meet 'Arty Fax'.

I have spent the last few days getting reacquainted with this world. I needed to remember such important things as 'when using sword keep
pointy end aimed away from you'. I really find it helpful to remember that! Deciding it was time to get out and about, last night I loaded some
deeelishuss XX ale from Maddwg's stock and headed to to Nujel'm.

While standing around I began practicing a new magik spell I invented. (Maddwg insists that magiks are mental so we should be able to
create new magiks.) My new spell works I tell ya. All I have is one semantic part: say "In Vin Booze" and one physical part: imbide ale and
POOF, Vin is inebreated! Magik!
Try it your self. Say "In Vin Booze" and pour some ale in Vin. I betcha Vin gets drunk!

Anyway...

We ran around and whacked stuff in the dizzying array of rooms at Doom Hotel. (They have a horrid bed bug problem!)
Once we finished cleaning the rooms we waited in a hall way for the Dark Father. Someone used bandages to make a line across the hallway
and we (usually) waited behind the line for the DF. At some point I was behind the line practicing In Vin Booze when I noticed an oddity in
my backpack.

:shock:
Apparently, no one explained raconteurs to this Arty Fax feller.

(Taken from one of the Raconteurs old websites - so it has to be official - explaining the rules for raconteurs)
2) Items.
Fancy items are not important. If you have them, fine. If you don't have any, fine. If you care about them, go away. A raconteur has fun. No
items required. Telling jokes, insulting other raconteurs, singing and story telling, those are a raconteurs weapons and armor.

I offered the thing to anyone that wanted, but I may have waited too long to make the offer. It took me a while to get over the shock of such
an item falling in MY backpack. We are debating what to do with the thing. Maddwg says it will make a nice fixture for the XX House. I
think we should give it away. (Our rule is no more powerful items than you can equip at once.) Being old men, now, we may just add it to the
myriad of stuff that we use only to display.

We'll think about it..and practice In Vin Booze.
Vin Decatur

PS: I will try to reorganize the Death Robe contest that fell apart in 2008 when I quit playing. Umm, where do the Gate Goobers hang out
theses days? Brit Gate still?

PPS: I may try to get jousting and other combat competittions going again if anyone is interested.

PPPS No, I don't use Vent...it interferes with the other voices in my head.

PPPS - I was going to put my initials after thsi but realized that would be VD. hahahaha
VD
Vin Decatur
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:40 pm

Yes he is back....LOL....I have not laughed this hard in a long time....LOL....oh crap where is my inhaler...no seriously what did I do with it....HELP, Can't breathe, oh nooo....
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Ciara » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:44 am

It is great to have you back, Vin! :laughing8:
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:19 am

GREAT story, VD *smiles*.

It kind of reminded me of the time I healed someone and got an arty in Doom. Yes, that's right, I healed someone and got an arty .. well sort of.

It might have actually been the fact that I had thrown an EV that happened to do damage to earn me the arty. But I still can legally say that I healed someone and then the arty popped in my backpack.

*smiles*

It also reminded me of Bubbles, a former PAS, who went to Doom for the first time, and got an arty on his first dark father. He then left Doom immediately and quit going to Doom because he wanted to say he spent 5 minutes in Doom and got an arty.

I remember the next week he showed up for the event, got partied, and then realized we were going to Doom. He bailed on the party asap and later told me he got lucky and kept his 5 minute timer intact. :)

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Vin Decatur » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:26 pm

Thanks guys. When it is time for me to sit down and shut up, tell me so. :P My friend KingDavid would never have the heart to tell me my time was over.

KD,
I support the "I healed someone and got an arty." story. It works for me. I'm convinced the EV has nothing to do with it. 8)

Everytime I return some other old character is gone. It looks like Dor has retired and Story Night at the Y is done. I enjoyed Story Night (despite the low-intellects that tried disrupting it). If I can make time, I may try starting something up. There is no way I have time for a weekly event but maybe a monthly thing. My last few working brain cells are going full blast...maybe the Raconteurs will have a monthly event of some sort. Story Night one month, Death Robes another.
Some contests will be PAS and friends only... like the jousting events we hosted before).

Vin
Vin Decatur
Warrior
Warrior

Postby KDSonoma » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:33 pm

I just KNEW that someone else would believe that!

*grins*

And yes, my friend, most of the player run things ingame have gone by the wayside over the years. The EMs are making a true effort to continue ingame fiction for folks though, and although that's not my bag of chips, I applaud them for those efforts because for many of my friends, it is their bag of chips.

I'm so happy that I was able to work "bag of chips" into a sentence, and it only took a run-on sentence to get that phrase in their TWICE! :)

If you havent had a chance to visit with Kaylor, VD, I urge you to do so. I know you two have a lot in common and could work together to help each other ingame with events, ideas, roleplaying, etc.

And btw, we did catch Lord British and he was sent to the looney bin, but we haven't caught and tried Lord Blackthorne for his crimes against the people. Maybe it's time to dust off the Sonoma Rangers and add some new folks/characters and get ourselves out after that criminal?

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Vin Decatur » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:08 pm

Someone really needs to pay for the grotesque things Blackthorne brought to the lands! Some of them remind me of what Dr. Seuss may have created if he was a crack addict, not realy scary as much as just bizzare. :roll:

Maybe the Judge should call for the refromation of the Rangers down the road?
Vin Decatur
Warrior
Warrior

Postby KDSonoma » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:55 pm

I totally agree, some of those things were just ... eww!

KD
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby kaylor » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:56 am

would be happy to meet and work with you should you so choose
kaylor
Healer
Healer

Postby Chalnoth Tholl » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:28 pm

Very nice tale, Vin

And I am glad that Arty Fax made an appearance so early in your return :lol:

I would love to put a "raconteur night" event on the calendar. What day works best for you and I will make it monthly for now. Haven't scheduled the last week of Feb if any date there strikes you... HOW ABOUT LEAP DAY!!

We have a nice collection of "UBW" lances at your disposal, and we have run a "disposable hero" contest in the past that you may be interested in hearing about.

We could use a story night during the month as a chance just to socialize and get to know one another while not in the battle fray. We have lots of new and returning players that I am sure could benefit from the get together.
Chalnoth Tholl
PAS GM
PAS GM

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Return to Role Players