Lord of the Demons: Part 1

A place for role played stories and other creative writings

Lord of the Demons: Part 1

Postby BadgirlXalan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:59 am

"That should about do it." Niela'ras said to herself as she holstered her glaive. The dungeon floor around her lay strewn with dozens of dead fire demons, all of which were missing their hands. "These imbuing supplies should be enough to repay Carnes for my new armor." She tucked the items away securely in her pack as she took flight. As she reached the stairway out of the dungeon, a spirit appeared before her. "OooOooo!!" the spirit cried. Niela'ras withdrew a bundle of bandages from her pack. "Hold still, this may twinge a bit." Without hesitation she drove her left hand into the chest of the spirit and pulled out a bleeding gem. She commenced to wrap the gem with bandages until the bleeding subsided. With the spirit's core repaired she returned it to it's owners chest. In a flash the spirit began to materialize before her.

"Ooooooaaaaagggggghhh!" the stranger screamed as his body returned to the world of the living. "You.. you have my thanks...nnn.Noble gargoyle." the stranger sat himself down on a rock nearby, visibly shaken. "My party....th the their all...g.g.gone... We c.cou..couldn't escape it." Niela'ras retrieved a bottle of liquor and dried fish steaks from her pack. "Here, this should help you calm down." The stranger took the ale and food and made short work of them. "Now." Niela'ras spoke, "Tell me what happened, what couldn't you escape?" The stranger wiped his mouth with his sleeve and quickly hung his head. "I thought he was a legend, a story made up by the Gargoyles to scare away adventurers." the stranger, now more composed, spoke. "We were traveling across the Abyssal dungeon, when we found the ruins of a beautiful township." He downed the last of the liquor with a shudder. "We entered the ruins and began searching for anything salvageable. We soon came across a strange gazebo in the center of the ruins, inside was a large dark figure. At first glance we thought it to be one of the larger Fire Demons but quickly we were proven wrong. As our bodyguards drew their weapons, the beast roared and locked eyes with them. They seemed to freeze in place much like they were hit by a mage's paralyzing spell, but no words of power were heard. The rest happened so fast, the speed in which it slashed at our bodyguards was unbelievable. In one swipe the beasts' claws ripped through their armor and shields, like they were made of clay. My partner and I tried to turn around and escape but as we did the beast roared yet again and the ground around us began to shake. As we were thrown about by the quake, the beast closed in on us. It picked up my partner and began crushing him in its claw." The stranger began to weep. "I....I saw my chance and took it...I ran past the beast as it devoured my friend....I just...ran."

Niela'ras shook her head in disgust. "Typical human, no honor." she said, "If you ran, then why were you a spirit when I found you?" The stranger ceased his weeping and looked up at her. "The beast... he wouldn't let me leave. I ran through the gazebo and as I started up a set of stairs that's when it happened. I heard a mind shattering cackle from behind me. It was the beast. His bellow froze me in place just as a shower of rocks fell from the roof of the cavern. My body was crushed almost instantly." The stranger arose, drying his eyes. Niela'ras then pulled a scroll and small rune from her pack and tossed them at the strangers feet. "Here," She commanded. "Use these to recall yourself to town." He reached down and gathered the items. As he stood back up he turned around to see Niela'ras heading towards the central ruins. "Where are you going?! I can replace the items I lost. There is no need to retrieve them." he exclaimed. Niela'ras stopped. "I have no need for your junk" she announced "However if I find any of your things after I destroy that beast, I'll be sure to return them to you." With that she continued on towards the center of the dungeon....

-first attempt at RP fiction in a long time, lemme know what you think :P
BadgirlXalan
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Medal of Ariel Joy (1)

Postby Vin Decatur » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:10 am

I think..that was excellent.
Keep it up.
Vin Decatur
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Damien Kilcannon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:12 am

I enjoyed it!!!
Damien Kilcannon
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Seth Medal of Compassion (1)

Postby Ciara » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:03 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed your story. Thanks very much for writing and sharing it!
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Medals: 5
DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby kaylor » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:35 pm

Most Wondrous!
kaylor
Healer
Healer

Postby Chalnoth Tholl » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:38 am

Super, more...more
Chalnoth Tholl
PAS GM
PAS GM

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Queen Mum » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:39 am

hopes Chapter 2 is coming soon! :)

*cookie hug*
Queen Mum
Queen of Cookies
Queen of Cookies

People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby BadgirlXalan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:58 am

:D good to see such a response. Im working on the next chapter as we speak. :P
BadgirlXalan
PAS Elder