Respite in New Magincia: Part 2-Legends Explained

A place for role played stories and other creative writings

Respite in New Magincia: Part 2-Legends Explained

Postby BadgirlXalan » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:24 pm

part 2 of 3, lemme know whatcha think :P

"So, the great Lady Evilbow requires my help?" Niela'ras scoffed as she removed her armor to be repaired. "I will fight Exodus but I will do so on my terms."
"I'm not asking you to obey her every order." Carnes spoke. "And besides, do you not wish to aid Xalan?"
Niela'ras paused as she looked to the floor. "Fine...I will leave as soon as my armor is restored."
"Um, judging by the slashes, I'd be lucky to make wash rags out of your armor." Jade interrupted.
"Indeed." Carnes replied. "I've been working on something new. It combines the powers of Imbuing and runic crafting."
"Aww, your not going to use all my runic sewing kits are you?" Jade whined. "Mysterion spent so much bribing the crafters guild to get them for me."
Mysterion hid behind his hood as Carnes glared at him.
"Fine," Niela'ras interrupted. "Let's get started." Just then her stomach spoke up letting her know how long it had been since she had eaten. "Perhaps we can have a quick dinner first."
"Ohh! I know I can make some Kappa stew!" Jade exclaimed with glee.
"....Kappa? Is that edible?" Niela'ras replied.
"Trust me, it's much better than it sounds." Mysterion spoke as he followed Jade to the kitchen area.

Soon they all gathered around a large Yew table, each with a finely engraved valorite bowl filled with stew. "So." Niela'ras spoke in between spoonfuls. "How is the legendary Badgirl?"
"When are you going to let it go Niela'ras?" Mysterion spoke sternly. "Sis did nothing to wrong you. Her and Xalan fell in love before you were old enough to know what love was. I know how you feel about him but you have to know that they will never leave each other."
Niela'ras calmly continued to eat. "I suggest you hold your tongue unless you want it removed" She responded.
"Uh, lets change the subject." Jade recommended. "I've always wondered something Niela'ras. You and Xalan came here from Ter Mur right? Even though the link between our facets only appeared recently."
"I... well, I don't remember much from that time." Niela'ras said quietly.
"Let me answer that." Carnes spoke. "Xalan and Niela'ras, while living in Ter Mur, were pulled into the great Void that consumes that land. Once in the void, one does not perish, they usually float endlessly. They were somehow noticed by the great demon Exodus, and he pulled them to this world. They were enslaved in the great mechanical palace that Exodus had built in Ilshenar."
"I remember faintly, being so scared of the strange metal creatures. But Xalan kept me safe." Niela'ras said nearly as a whisper.
"At the time I was still hiding the fact that I was a gargoyle, so as to blend in with the humans I stayed polymorphed." Carnes continued. "The controllers and their golems were causing havoc across the land and the guilds and clans of the land were seeking a way to stop them. This is when I first met Bela'driel Evilbow, or "Badgirl" as you young ones call her."
"Where'd she get the name Badgirl anyways?" Jade questioned.
Carnes looked at Mysterion. "Should I tell them, or would you like the duty?"
"The Evilbow clan hasn't always been such an upstanding family." Mysterion said as he pushed his empty bowl to the center of the table. "In her prime, Bela'driel could stealth her way through the busiest streets seeking her targets."
"So, she was a petty thief?" Niela'ras interjected.
Mysterion looked at her glaring. "She was an Assassin." He quickly hung his head. "Don't ever bring it up around her, please."
"Understood, but what made her change her ways?" Niela'ras asked
"That is a tale that she would have to tell you, I was too young to remember what happened to change sis." Mysterion answered.
"Anyway, where was I?" Carnes spoke. "Ah yes, we had begun unlocking and destroying various towers that Exodus had raised across the land. As the final tower fell, the other mages and I were able to sense Exodus' location. Our forces made our way to central Ilshenar to face the great demon. A great battle erupted as Exodus' minions surged from within a great temple they had built for their master. I broke off from the group to study the strange magic used in the machinery and stumbled upon the holding cells of the gargoyles from Ver Lor Reg. That is where I found Xalan and Niela'ras."
"I remember how strange you looked in human form, I was so relieved when you turned out to be from the homeland." Niela'ras added.
"The rest of our forces were able to destroy Exodus and free Ver Lor Reg." Carnes stated as he picked up his bowl and placed it in a nearby water trough.
"But wait" Jade spoke "If they were able to destroy Exodus, then how has he returned?"
Carnes turned back to the table. "The greater Demons can never truly be killed, their bodies may perish but their minds merely return to the void until a new body can be found. So do be careful when you next return to the Abyss, Niela'ras, The Slasher will most likely have reformed and he will be seeking vengeance. Now if there are no more questions, let us get to work on your armor."
BadgirlXalan
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medals: 1
Medal of Ariel Joy (1)

Part 2

Postby Luvs Harmony » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:17 pm

Awesome Job! I love the character depth. I find myself contemplating Mysterion. He say's that Niela'ras was too young to know about love when Bad Girl and Xalan fell in love yet he seems to have a thing for Jade and she sounds quite young herself. I love how things like bribing up crafters and monsters respawning are tied into the story. It feels effortless the way you do it. As if it all makes perfect sense. I sure enjoy your stories.
Luvs Harmony
Wizard
Wizard

Mastica's Light of Love (1)

Postby BadgirlXalan » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:01 pm

thx luvs! ya its crazy how the story builds in my mind while im at work hehe. I've got the last part of this inbetween story thought up just gotta put it into words. I just hate phrasing out dialogue hehe.

Niela'ras, Mysterion and Jade are all close in age, Mysterion is oldest and Jade is youngest but not a big gap in age hehe. Mysterion was old enough to understand that Xalan was far too old for Niela'ras at that time. Xalan and Badgirl are about 30 where as the other 3 are around 19-22. Might make up some lil bio's for each char hehe to cover background info so i dont gotta tell it in storys as much.
BadgirlXalan
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medal of Ariel Joy (1)

Part 2

Postby Luvs Harmony » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:00 pm

I just read the part 2 to my husband. He really enjoyed it too. I like the idea of the biographies. I already have a clearer picture of them hearing their various ages, but I'm curious about Carnes. I picture him much older.
Luvs Harmony
Wizard
Wizard

Mastica's Light of Love (1)

Postby BadgirlXalan » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:14 pm

hehe we will find out how old he really is soon. hopefully get part 3 finished tonite.
BadgirlXalan
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

Medal of Ariel Joy (1)

Postby Chalnoth Tholl » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:30 pm

A wonderful tale continues....awaiting installment 3 ;-)
Chalnoth Tholl
PAS GM
PAS GM

Medals: 3
One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Return to Role Players